“My favorite nIdian Restaurant”

Natraj Tandoori - Rato
Ranked #794 of 4,541 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Owner: Palwinder Singh. Price: 10€
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I come to this place all the time. I allways eat some wonderful Indian food in here.
This is my favorite Indian Restaurant and one of my favorite restaurants in Lisbon. It is also located in the city center, so it's very easy to get there.

The food is great, the atmosphere is very cozy and the service is top notch. The waiters are really nice.
If you wish to go with a large group (>5 people) you better make a reservation, but a smaller group than that you can probabily just walk in.

The price is also very affordable, you can get a great meal for less than 10€ if you don't get any fancy desserts or drinks. But if you choose a drink or a desert it is very affordable and worth it.

I personally recommend the following combination for a wonderful meal:

drink: manga Lassi
dish: Garlic Tikka or Sheekh Kebab
rice: Jeera Rice
dessert: Bebinca

Reviewed March 25, 2014

If you're in Lisbon looking for a good Indian food this is the place. But if this is your case don't forget to book it first, especially Fridays and Saturdays.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This small, friendly restaurant was a nice way to end our trip in Lisbon. The service was great, friendly and prompt. The garlic naan was unbelievably good and still good the next day! (we ordered too much so we took that home). The yellow daal was a little more watery than I like it, but I really enjoyed the buttery tomato masala. The place isn't very big so make sure to get there earlier (around 8pm) or make a reservation.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My review is of the location "Natraj Classical" on Rua Dos Sapateiros. I can't find that one on Trip Advisor, but they seem to be run by the same folks.

This is not fancy, it is a normal Indian joint. Not a dive, but not high end look/feel. Staff is fantastic, very friendly and quick. And the food is top notch up against Indian food anywhere in the USA, and superior to anything I've had in Europe outside of London. Standard north Indian fare, with some Goa specialties added to the menu. The naan and tandoori roti were very well executed. Aloo-gobhi was more wet/saucy than I prefer it, but the flavor was great and the texture of the vegetables was good. I am vegetarian so can't judge the meats, but suspect they would be good given the spice and quality of the vegetarian dishes. Make it a stop if you're in Lisbon.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Restaurant Natraj offers the most amazing indian taste cooked by an Indian chef.
No doubt this is a great value dinner as you'll pay little and you will get a nice exotic athmosphere paired with amazing food.
So far, this is the best Indian restaurant I tried in Lisbon.