“Amazing Tour of Lisbon”

Mywaytours Guides Tours in Portugal
Ranked #146 of 538 Tours in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: Personal guide and driving tours in Portugal *Carla Carita * licensed Tour Guide in Portugal * giving chauffeured tours since 2001 * own Mercedes deluxe Van * registered and insured according to National Tourism Office * based in Lisbon * private tours all over POrtugal and beyond Portugal boundaries * private tours held in a personal, flexible and professional way, always with a warm touch * each tour is held according to you, that is the reason of our designation - mywaytours - aiming to fit your personality * Mywaytours is fully legal, registered by the National Tourism Office with mandatory insurances for the activity.
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Whilst on a cruise we decided to book a private tour of Lisbon. Our guide, Carlos, was fantastic. He arrived in a great Mercedes People Carrier which was most comfortable and wheelchair friendly for my mother. His knowledge of the city was second to none and we discovered that the majority of the places he took us to visit were not on the designated coach tours, therefore we had the most amazing insight to the city and all it’s history. Our tour was so good that we did not want it to end but we eventually had to board the ship for our next port of call. It's not often that people exceed your expectations by such a margin! We would highly recommend My Way Tours – they are a most professional and courteous firm and we discovered a real gem!

mywaytours, Owner at Mywaytours Guides Tours in Portugal, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Dear Annabele and Ian,
Thank you for your comment on our tour. It is a great pleasure to work with people we can trust on and contribute to dignify this activity, providing the visitors the best we can.
With kindest regards

Reviewed January 6, 2012

We are a family with two children. We were on our way from London to Madrid and had a 8 hour layover in Lisbon. We contacted Mywaytours and they sent Carla Carita. She picked us up promptly at 9am and gave us a 4 hour tour of Lisbon. We first stopped for breakfast at Pasteis de Belem, which was a great recommendation by Carla. When then did a tour around Lisbon main historic sites. We were able to buy souvenirs and stop for lunch. Carla is extremely helpful and has a great dominance over all historic facts involving the sites visited. If you are going to Lisbon for a couple of hours or for days I strongly recommend Carla !!!

2  Thank GRACSI

Dear Family Arellano,
It was really a short day tour because of the limited time you had in Lisbon. I am glad to hear you enjoyed and maybe it will make you wish to be back and see what you have missed beyond Lisbon. With kindest regards. Carla

Reviewed January 5, 2012

A day of delight with Guide, Carla Carlita in a tour of Coimbra. Carla is a breath of fresh air . It is like seeing the sights with an old friend who is both knowledgeable, and sensitive to your interests,and to the interests of your child( age 10).Coimbra 's old ornate University library should is a visual treat. She took us to a fantastic miniture city for children which was the highlight of our entire visit for my daughter. P.S.: I thoroughly enjoyed it too, especially the exquisite miniture gardens.

Dear Marianne,
Thank you for your kind feedback on our our. In fact it was a different day tour, not everyone is willing to visit Coimbra from Lisbon in a day time. Anyway it worked out very well, and Claire was absolutely radiant about "Portugal of the little ones". I am keeping her drawing like a litlle treasure. WIth warm regards. Carla

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I used Carla Carita as a private guide for a 2-day tour from Lisbon. On day 1 we visited the towns of Sintra and Cascais and on day 2 we visited Obidos and the Palace in Queluz. (I had previously been to Lisbon.)
Carla was a WONDERFUL tour guide -- friendly, personable, knowledgeable about the places we visited, and flexible. She speaks excellent English and was a skilled and cautious driver with a comfortable 7-passenger Mercedes van. I can highly recommend Carla for tours in Portugal. When I return, I will use Carla again!

Dear Randy,
Forgive me for taking so long to reply to your kind comment. It is with great joy that I recall the 2 day tours we had around Lisbon. This winter has been mild and sunny. It feels like going to the seaside restaurant in Adraga where delightful seafood is waiting for us :)
I hope to have the chance of meeting you in a near future ! WIth warm regards

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Our cruise ship docked in Lisbon and Carla was waiting to whisk us away to Sintra. After a short tour of downtown Lisbon we arrived in beautiful Sintra.. This is a magical place not unlike a fairly tale illustration. We visited Pena palace. Carla, being a licensed guide took us inside and explained the history and significance of the exhibits and rooms. (Some people we met were just dropped off at the palace and had to find their way around on their own). It was nice to have a guided tour in perfect English. Everyone in our group commented on Carla's command of English.

After Sintra we visited Belem area to see the Tower and the Monument to the Discoveries. Next was a quick visit at Jerónimos Monastery. To end the day we stopped at Pastéis de Belém to buy and sample the world famous tarts. They are delicious. Everyone should try these in Lisbon. This bakery has been making these pastries from a secret recipe for nearly 200 years. You can sit inside the the cavernous place but we took ours away in tubes of 6 since we were pressed for time.

In just 4 hours we had a great tour in Lisbon and wish we had more time. When we visit in the future we already know who our tour guide will be. I can't recommend Carla highly enough.

1  Thank David M
portugalyourway, Owner at Mywaytours Guides Tours in Portugal, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Dear Kealii,
Thank you for your time on writing a review for me. It makes me happy to hear about your joy while touring Portugal. I wish you have had longer to be able to show you more of the secret corners of this worderfull country. I did love to have met you too !
Warm regards to everyone