“Top service”

Ranked #187 of 246 Hotels in Lisbon
A TripAdvisor Member
“Top service”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

The hotelmanagement should be proud having such friendly and serviceminded staff working in the hotel. Always polite and helpfull. The breakfast was delicate and tasty. We are very satisfied with our stay.
The hotel has also a very central location, near to many of Lisboas attractions.
The only negative about the hotel is the neighbourhood - too many empty houses in a state of decay. Really bad. The public authoritiy of Lisboa maybe should have taken a look and decide what can be done to renovate the street/cityblock.
In spite of what is said about the neighbourhood, if there will be a next time for us in Lisboa, we will not hesitate to book at Principe Real once more.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hotell.no

Malin C, General Manager at Hotel Principe Real, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you so much for the review and kind comment!
It makes us very happy to know you had a great time in Lisbon and that you enjoyed the hotel!
The area is currently facing a lot of changes and within a near future the neighbourhood will have a better look.
Once again, thank you!
Malin Carlsdotter and Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wichita, KS
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The staff is wonderful - absolutely no complaints there. The breakfast was cooked to order and they tried very hard to make sure you were happy.

We were in room 404 - it was a nice large room/suite. Unfortunately there was only one mirror in the bathroom/over the sink - making it difficult for both of us to get ready. There is no WIFI, only wired. The room has seen better days, as there was mold/dirt in the bathroom - the cork floors also had mold. I don't want to pick it a part - think if you go in expecting a 3-Star hotel you'll be quite satisfied. I will also echo what someone else mentioned - even though it is non smoking - the place constantly smelled of smoke.

Short walk to metro/city or short walk up the hill to restaurants and nightlife.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your comment.
We are pleased to hear you had a good time and we thank you for giving us some feedback on what you though about the room.
We do have wifi in the whole building and I do not know why this was not told to you. We have started some refurbishing of the hotel and recently done some work in order to remove some negative parts and the bathrooms have been worked on in order to imrpove their standards.
We are constantly trying to imrpove and therefore, we very much appreciate your comment in order to make your stay better!
We hope you will come back soon.

Kindest regards
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed January 9, 2012

In my opinion, the highlight of Hotel Principe Real is its perfect location in the heart of Lisbon: a typical neighborhood (Principe Real) at the historical centre and very close to Chiado (short walking distance) and Avenida da Liberdade. It is also at short walking distance from the night district – Bairro Alto – where there are lots of nice restaurants and bars, and from some of the city attractions (otherwise you can easily take a bus or the Lisbon old-fashion tram from there). The rooms are quite ok, the staff is nice and attencious and they serve a great breakfast “a la carte” (which is not something you find a lot these days). If you’re willing to stay in Lisbon a few nights for a city break, I totally recommend this place!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind comment.
It is a true pleasure of ours to know that you enjoyed the hotel and Lisbon!
We hope you will retrun soon!
UK
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights in October 2011 in a weeks visit to Portugal. It looked a little off the beaten track when I first arrived, but once I got my bearings I was really pleased with the location - perfectly placed for seeing all the sights. My room was very clean and well maintained, and a very tasty and filling breakfast in the morning. The staff were superb - their assistance in Lisbon and helping me in my ongoing travel to Porto was superb and really made me feel welcome. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

1 Thank CultureBoy
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the very nice comment of yours!
We are delighted to hear you had a great time in Lisbon and that you found the location great too.
We hope this will inspire more people to come visit Lisbon!
Malin Carlsdotter
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed at this Hotel for two nights while visiting Lisbon and Sintra. The Hotel is located on the side of a hill within a few minutes walk from the Avenida da Liberdade Boulevard and the Chiado and Bairro Alto areas. The area appeared, on first glance, run-down, but look below the surface and it is actually interesting and, for me, being slightly off the tourist trail, more of an authentic experience. At all times I felt safe walking around by myself.

Check-in was prompt, very efficient and all Staff spoke excellent English. I had booked a single room and was surpised to find I had been upgraded to a suite on the fourth floor; the room was spotlessly clean, the bathroom was modern and spacious and there were plenty of towels. The air-con was easy to use and it worked! - a rare experience for me! Bathrobes were provided, as well as a good quality hairdryer. My room overlooked a one-way street which, although not too busy, had steady traffic: however this wasn't loud enough to stop me sleeping and I found the bed and pillows comfortable.

Breakfast was served a la carte and was cooked to order. I only had fresh fruit salad and yoghurt but it was so fresh and was served with fruit juice and a breadbasket containing fresh rolls and muffins.

I absolutely loved my stay in Lisbon - and a lot of this was down to my hotel experience. I found all the Staff pleasant and courteous; everything from locating routes on a map, arranging taxis, storing my luggage and answering my queries was carried out patiently and efficiently. My overall impression was that my custom was valued and, when I return to Lisbon next year, I would hope to stay here again.

Room Tip: A room at the back on the fourth or fifth floor will have lovely City views.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Malin C, General Manager at Hotel Principe Real, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate your kind and generous comment.
We are delighted to hear you enjoined our hotel and that your stay in Lisbon fulfilled your expectations.
It is a true pleasure for us to note your satisfaction and we thank you for your preference in staying with us.
We hope to welcome you again!

Best Regards,
Malin Carlsdotter (GM) with Team
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed there for a longer weekend to visit Lisbon. The location turned out to great as you have only 3 min walk to Bairro Alto district. There you find excellent and typical bars and restaurants. All the othter sights are in walking distance or easy to be reached by metro at the Avenida station (5 min walk). The service, breakfast, reception and rooms are excellent, us noting that wevpaid € 165,-- for three nights and two people. Simply a good hotel in center, fully compareable to central European four star business hotels.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Abal1
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear you enjoined our hotel and it's location and services. Furthermore, we are please to note your satisfaction and we thank you for your kind and generous comment!
We hope you collected a lot of beautiful memories during your stay in Lisbon.
Thank you for your preference in staying with us, we will be delighted to welcome you again.

Best Regards,
Malin Carlsdotter (GM) with Team
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2011

There were 3 of us booked to stay at hotel principel real and when we arrived the room they gave us was a double as only 2 of us arrived on the first night, when we told them about this they immediately rectified this error and took us to a bigger room with an additional bed.
The hotel is beautiful and clean and has a real Portages feel to it. The breakfast is among the best I have ever had at a hotel.
The staff were ever so helpful and could never do enough to help us.
If you are going to Lisbon you have to stay here - it is such a great place off the main tourist hub but so close it all the action.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Belinda B
sc0rpius7, General Manager at Hotel Principe Real, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
We kindly Thank you for the generous review below and for your preference in staying with us!
It is a true pleasure to note that you were satisfied with your stay and that you recommend other to stay at Hotel Principe Real.
We will be delighted to welcome you again!
Malin Carlsdotter (General Manager) with Team