Hotel da Estrela
$165
  • Restaurant
$178
$131
TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel(Lisbon)
$190
  • Breakfast included
$187
$177
  • Room Service
All reviewshotel schoolsmall luxuryhospitality schoolfernando pessoadesign hotelbath showerreception stafflittle thingstourist sitesbrilliant locationother hotelsa great place to stayhotel is situatedgreat roompublic transportsubway stationcity centre
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I and a colleague spent one night here at the end of a busy business trip. An oasis of tranquility. It is situated in a quiet street but only a short (20 min) from the night life of the Bairro Alto. It was a school many years ago so the theme is all things school. Black boards and hand written chalk board signs, lots of interesting and unusual teaching and school memorabilia too. My room had a black carpet with lots of things written on it - a la chalk board. Take note - the room numbers are on the floor!! I spent about 10 minutes trying to find my room because I didn't think to look down. Fab bathroom.

Helpful staff

great location

very comfortable.

We weren't actually planning to stay there but we met the CEO of Thema Hotels on the train and he suggested that we try it - thank you Miguel. I know it's one of your hotels but boy is it better than the hotels at the airport

Room Tip: All of the rooms seemed good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The staff try so hard in this hotel but they seem rather young and inexperienced. Still, they do bend over backwards to help you. The faults with this hotel are not related to staff. This is an expensive hotel yet there was no kettle in the room so that I could make myself tea or coffee - standard in the UK. I had to ask for an iron too. I slept poorly because there was a lot of noise from the street outside. The bathroom is integrated into the room, which is rather odd if you're sharing the room. The room service, according to the menu, will take 40 minutes. In an 18 room hotel one could expect better service than this. The restaurant in the basement is run by students from the college next door. They are very keen and helpful but the menu is a bit limited. In the morning you have to ask for eggs - these are not offered automatically. No wifi in the room so I was given a long cable I kept tripping over. Bed large and comfy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed for one night at this SLH hotel, and at 71 eur with breakfast it was a real bargain. The hotel does have an unusual theme that did not bother me, and was different at least. When I got to the room it smelled like cigarettes even if the hotel is non smoking, and I was immediately upgraded to a suite with Hastens bed and all. The room was large, modern furniture and quiet.

In general the hotel has some nicks and tears which I think should not be there for a hotel at this level, it feels a bit like maintenance has not been done for a while.

Breakfast was food and the location as well, a bit outside of the center but a nice walk down and a tram ride up. The staff was incredible helpful, really doing their best.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I found this hotel very comfortable, a nice, spacious room and well located in a quiet part of the city. Many have spoken about the rather unusual school theme, which I found rather endearing. Wifi is available in the library downstairs and they did give me a wire to connect in my room, if I desired.

The staff were very courteous and pleasant; good English was spoken. Personally, I didn't like the 'pay what you like' policy in the restaurant; I ate dinner there once and found it slightly awkward - how on earth do you decide? Having said that, the food and service was good and I paid towards the top of the suggested range for each course. Breakfast was fine, not served until 7.30 and on my 3 mornings I was the only taker!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Very nice the design related to the theme of the school. Big room and very comfortable bed. Convenient location, quiet and not so far from the centre. Good restaurant, but unfortunately closed on Sunday and Monday. WiFi not available in the rooms, it is a pity.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business