“Nice place”
Review of Chapito

Chapito
Ranked #13 of 212 Nightlife in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: This multi-purpose facility offers an outdoor restaurant and bar, along with various summer activities including juggling and tap-dancing classes, concerts, theater and art exhibitions.
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
“Nice place”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a nice place with a beautiful view of Lisbon. The waiters are friendly.
The only thing I didn't like was the food. It's a bit pricy and It didn't worth the money.
I ate a ham and cheese toast with fried chips. The chips were too greasy and cold and the toast was small considering the price. The soup was good but again, too pricy.

Visited February 2014

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We had no reservation, but got there early and were seated on the terrace with a beautiful view of the city. Menu had multiple options, I chose the lamb chops with vegetables, they were well seasoned and quite delicious. My husbands black pork was great as well. We had good service and an enjoyable evening. Thanks for getting us in.

Visited November 2013
Albertville, France
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Go for the specials!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a great lunch in this lovely place, witch overlooks a part of the city.
we were told it was even nicer at night, with at the lights and the amazing view.
the staff was very friendly and the food delicious.
We had both fish and meat (specials of the day), and the tastes were incredible.
It's quite small so it would be better to reserve.

A little + : Ask for the history of the place, you'll be surprised...

Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Tapas?”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have to admit that the night for us didn't start the best, but I will try to be as objective as possible. I was a little preoccupied after I read the previous reviews. I am not the the person to going to the spot just because is hip anymore. But since we didn't have luck with previous choice for the night I agreed to go. The concept is probably right, the food and service not so much. On the patio you can order only the tapas (really?), but what I ponder as tapas is completely different. Not the size of salad in big plate, not 7 huge shrimps (well before you peel them), not the sandwich like from cafeteria . Hamburger as a tapas? Who is going to order it? Really? I cannot comment on much more since the didn't have half of the menu. The prices are high, the service (ours) Ok. The bread was delicious and so were olives (but this is a standard in Portugal) . Since it was dark, no comment on the view (some lights for sure:-). Wine - good selection.
As I said - it wouldn't be my firs choice before I try it , and nothing changed after my experience - you can eat much better for less.

Visited October 2013
San Diego, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Choose your dish carefully”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The view is magnificent and the people there were all wonderful, but I was not thrilled with the dish I ordered. We asked for the waitress' guidance, and she suggested that the veal and the pork were two of their best dishes. We already indicated that she should feel free to suggest either the more or less expensive main dishes, however my wife was trying to eat healthily.

My wife's was a nice size and very tasty, although a more marbled, richer cut than we're used to, and her potato was steeped in butter and cheese.

My pork, however, was strips of thin pork, quite fatty. It might even have been the skin - I just don't know. I was sorry I ordered it. The mushrooms and asparagus in the dish were phenomenal, but also with a lot of oil.

In retrospect, we would have enjoyed some of their other dishes more, and followed our original inclinations instead of the well-meaning waitress' advice.

Visited September 2013