“Wow!”

National Tile Museum
Book In Advance
$60.02*
and up
Lisbon Tiles and Tales: Tile Workshop and Private Tour Including National Tile...
$24.01*
City Sightseeing Lisbon Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
$32.41*
Lisbon Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Four Routes Including Tram
Ranked #16 of 447 things to do in Lisbon
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A must-see for people interested in the history and design of ceramic tiles, this specialty museum houses a splendid collection of decorative tiles dating from the 15th century to the present.
Reviewed January 30, 2014

A must for anyone visiting Lisbon... Not only a wonderful collection of tiles and pottery but a very beautiful building to enjoy.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

First of all it is one of my favorite museum ever. Second of all you can only see it here. To understand the morish influence in Portugal this is the place. The building itself is a ex convent and of stunning cultural value. The museum explain why Lisbon and Portuguese house have tiles outside. Just go. On Sunday morning before 2pm is free.

1  Thank Ms74
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised to arrive and be admitted to the museum for free, though I'm not at all sure if this is a regular thing. I love tile, so I really enjoyed the museum. My husband was not all that excited to go, but he enjoyed it in the end. Some of the rooms are really surprising and sumptuous - like the complete church! Lots of amazing tile and good information on the various glazing techniques. We got there on the purple line of the Yellow Bus.

1  Thank jdselby
Reviewed January 22, 2014

While I am an aficionado of ceramics I found it overwhelming and repetitive. I would have loved to have a docent to learn more about what I was seeing - a mistake on my part by not joining the group I traveled with. The Chapel was way over the top. It was an experience in Portuguese history and expansion into the East

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Portugal is world famous for its ceramic tiles and this museum aims to record this important part of Portuguese history. Set in a former convent the visitor is guided through some amazing rooms, and courtyards displaying some of the country's finest tiles. A good place to visit when on the way to the Aquarium.