Britania Hotel
$142
$135
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

Hotel Santa Justa(Lisbon)
$167
  • Restaurant
$283
$210
TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel(Lisbon)
$186
$142
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
$62
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $74/night.

$299
$276
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 06/01
$293
2,523 results
All reviewsart decocork floorspastriesquiet streetcomplimentary teauntil noonlouis vuittoncomplimentary portmolton brown toiletriesevery afternoonavenida metro stationterrace roommain avenueavenida da liberdaderooms are largeport wineside street
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by a colleague and lived up to expectations. The service was excellent with very friendly, welcoming and helpful staff who were eager to help. Our group felt very well taken care of. The rooms were a nice size and the free and fast Wifi was appreciated. Great location.

Room Tip: My room was across from the elevator which I initially thought was going to be loud but I did not hear a thing when I was inside my room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Reneed586
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels around the world, including supposedly the best in Germany. The Britania Hotel had the best customer service I have ever experienced. They could not have been kinder, more helpful or more welcoming. The rooms were perfectly cleaned every day. We had a large room (for Europe). Everything worked perfectly.

I normally only stay at hotels with gyms and swimming pools. I am glad I didn't. The hotel is in unglamorous side street just outside the main tourist area, so you are near enough to walk but aren't surrounded by the noise and hassle. It is close to Avenida metro station, and the airport bus stops on Av. Liberdade, close-by. To get to the hotel, walk down the street between Louis Vuitton and a theatre.

I will definitely stay in this hotel when I next visit Lisbon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ddd007
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed for four nights in September. Gorgeous Art Deco Hotel.
Bed very comfortable and plenty of Molton Brown toiletries in the bathroom.
Breakfast buffet was great and perfect for those who like a lie in.
WiFi in the room was free and the signal was excellent.
Loved the free tea, port and cakes in the late afternoon. Very convenient location for the Aerobus and the tour busses. 48 hour tickets for the yellow tour bus can be bought at reception and this includes free transport on the elevators and the local trams and busses.
Was sorry to see this hotel has lost its place as No: 1 on tripadvisor. Would happily stay here again when back in Lisbon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LOELK
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I spent 3 days end of Feb in this hotel and I absolutely loved it. This property ticks all the boxes. My expectations were very high taking into account all the nice reviews this propery has. They say that first impressions count and this so true when it comes to Britania hotel. The location is perfect, a side street of Avenida de Liberdade and just a few steps from Metro station Avenida. As soon as you step your foot inside you know it will not disappoint you. Once you learn a bit about the historical building and you look around you realise this small charming hotel with nice and tasteful Art Deco decor is a place where past meets present to create a delightful calm atmosphere and pleasant stay to all the guests. Room and bathroom were spacious and spot clean. Great and varied selection of items provided for breakfast. Breakfast is served in the small bar/library which is a relaxing area in the afternoons for the guests where complimentary tea or liqueur is served. Another plus is that complimentary wifi included in room rate. However, what impressed me the most was the warm and friendly welcoming of the reception staff and staff in general. Everybody was very pleasant and attentive and eager to help guests with information this contributes a lot to the good first impression of Britania . To summarise, I loved this hotel and without doubt this will be my choice of hotel the next time I am in Lisbon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cm74
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We loved this small, friendly hotel. Large room, clean, well furnished and equipped with comfortable beds, tea coffee and fluffy towels and bathrobes. It was well situated to walk to centre of Lisbon, via lovely Avenue Liberdade, with metro and aerobus stop very near. Staff directed us to nearby restaurants and points of interest. There was even a bottle of port in our room. At 5 p.m to 9 p.m. every day. the hotel served !tea, port and cakes in the library.
It was my birthday while we were there, and on returning to our room in late afternoon, I found a bottle of champagne on ice, with cakes and candles! They even told the restaurant they booked for us for dinner that it was my birthday, and they gave me a dessert of strawberries, iced with chocolate, with my name written in chocolate on the plate.They thought of everything - thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: If weather is good, top floor has rooms with terraces.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple