“Excellent”

Lost In Esplanada Bar
Reserve with
Lost In Esplanada Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #247 of 4,455 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: There is a well kept secret in the heart of Lisbon's city centre, in Principe Real... An oasis of peace and quietness, shielded from the urban movement, where sinking into relaxation is unavoidable. An autentic trip to the heart of Indian culture where, for a brief moment, the urban world and all its woories disappear to give place to a 'shanti' state of mind. The mix of colors, the zen music, the indian colorfull parasols and the most welcoming of services invite the costumers to get Lost between the garden and the panoramic belvedere, both with a breathtaking view to the beautiful city of Lisbon. With a range of delicacies, in a Menu that fuses the Orient and Meditarrean food, Lost In is a place to discover and visit either for its delicious treats or simply to enjoy the ambience with a perfectly mixed cocktail. Get Lost with us in Lisbon's perfect oasis. We await your visit.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The service and staff were great, the food was excellent. It was so nice we went back on the Sunday only to find it shut, doh!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Good grief, I really am at a loss as to why people get all wet over this place. The view is really nothing to write home about, spoiled to the left by a big ugly building and out in front by a huge advertising hoarding. We were even treated to a crane at the time of our visit.

We had a litre of Sangria which set us back 12.5 euros and had all the potency of a Pierce Morgan interview. The charming and attentive lady who served us did imply that if we had asked for the drink to have a bit of a kick that could have been arranged, but I thought that this desire would have been taken for granted, given that we were ordering an alcoholic drink.

The waitress gets the place one star and the wonderful chill-out music earns the second, but if you walk out of this place and turn left, about 100 metres away is a municiple garden where the view is significantly better.

My Mrs is keen to return to Lisbon and, overall I loved the city, but if this is an example of the best it has to offer I feel that I am going to have to be very selective with where I blow my hard earned dosh.

1  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The place is a bit "hidden" and does not show on the regular touristic guides, but is worth the time.
They have a wonderful garden, with a magnificent view on the city. Enjoying a drink in the garden on a late august afternoon was one of my best moments in Lisbon! The staff is friendly and helpful (even for sightseeing advice, not only food)!
Wonderful place to have a drink, and very good to have a snack. They have a lot of delicious specialties (not sure if they are portugues, indian or other though). I tried the mushroom with cheese on top (don't remember the name) and the trouxas (cheese and jam in dough) and limonade, absolutelly delicious!
Still, it's not the best place to have a "real" full meal.

I would definately go back and try the rest of dishes with strange names they have :)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just go there, you won't regret it! Reserve a table unless you go to eat early in the evening. The view across the city is stunning, particularly at night, and the food is great. I had the goats cheese filo parcels and the prawn curry, washed down with a good rose wine. All very good, with very friendly and enthusiastic service - the staff seem justly proud of their place of work.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great view + excelent drinks + hindu decor + good food + nice staff = Lost in "paradise"!
The best times to go are on a sunny afternoon or a hot night, they have beds on the terrace, it's awesome.