“took a second visit”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“took a second visit”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went here on a saturday night and got the tip from the reviews here so thought we'd give it a try. It was bustling but we were given a table in the back near the toilet (there were two of us and they wanted the bigger tables for families, etc. and I guess they need to make use of all space). Anyway we redeemed this by both facing outwards to watch what was going on (why would anyone want to look at the entrance to a toilet for an hour or two ?). First they bought some dried ham and bread. Beware this actually costs us 15% of the final bill (7.50)!! We had soups (cream of seafood and cabbage) both OK. We has seafood rice for two which is essentially Portuguese risotto. Way too salty although contained lots of seafood. Served in an old cooking pot which was interesting. Cost 50 euro for 2 (with drinks). The atmosphere was lively though so that gave it a better feel overall (good mix of locals and tourists).

I thought it was maybe our choice from the menu which had let it down so just before we left for the Airport we gave it another go .. sitting outside. I had mixed fish grill (a sardine, salmon steak, slice of bass and bream), my partner grilled cod. This was much better and the portions very filling. This time we didn't go for the unordered starters from experience. This time 29 euro somewhat more digestible. Service was fast.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Jason W

Hampshire, England
“Good local restaurant”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Came here on recommendation of our Hotel.
Service friendly and helpful, good mix of locals and tourists.
Grilled sardines were really fresh and tasty and wine cheap

• Visited November 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stopped here for lunch and were really very impressed with the service and the quality of the food. My wife had grilled fish while I went for the seafood rice. Both dishes were excellent, and very generous in size, that was us well done for the day. Excellent restaurant and not at all expensive considering the quality, try it.

• Visited October 2012
Washington, DC
“Great Seafood, Good Prices”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

So what attracted me 1st to this restaurant was the window with a variety of seafood, especially the brown crab, prawn, fish wow! I ordered the crab, it was served cold which I liked, my co-worker did not feel the same... Although he had to agree that the food was good (he just would have preferred it hot)! I told him to request it but he didn't want to be offensive. The local wine is excellent and relatively inexpensive. Excellent meal we ate outside great weather a views.

Visited September 2012
Moscow, Russia
“Touristy”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Wonderful fish and seafood, good service, but very touristy.
I was surprised with a jamon given as an appetizer (as usual in Lisbon, you have to pay for it if you tried it) in a fish restaurant, but the jamon was so good that I enjoyed it even knowing that my fish is getting cooked for me.

Visited September 2012