“A different experience in Alfama”
Review of Trigo Latino

Trigo Latino
Reserve with
Trigo Latino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #440 of 4,552 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castelo, Alfama & Mouraria
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Trigo Latino has a very different menu from the typical "tascas" in Lisbon, that mostly serve the same types of dishes. The place is beautiful, and in summertime it is possible to sit outside in almost darkness and enjoy your meal. It is a romantic atmosphere.

The food is creative and very good. We started out with a cold cucumber soup, with bits of bacon wrapped in dark chocolate. Original and fresh.
Then a starter made of fresh mushrooms fried. The main course was the ancho Steak from Uruguay. Wheter it is from Uruguay or not, I do not know. But it was juicy and delicious, and enough for 2 to share if you have starters etc.

I recommend Trigo Latino, and place it up there with one of my 10 favourite places to eat in Lisbon. A value-for money experience.

2  Thank davmdan

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The esplanade is nice and the interior well decorated. When I first arrived there was no one in the restaurant and there were Spanish sounds playing.I chose a wonderful plate of pork medallions with figs and eggplant puree; everything was great except the puree that was too liquefied for my taste. The dessert was great as well, petit gateaux with basil sorbet. The downside was the service, everything took a significant amount of time and for most of the meal we were the only one in the restaurant! I don’t know how they can manage when it is full. For lunch, the menu is cheaper than dinner and that is posted and well announced in the menu at the door. They also have a set menu for 10€ with appetizer and main course.

1  Thank Joontns
Reviewed September 1, 2012

As we sat, the most unusual thing happened and that probably spoiled the mood for the meal.

Imagine yourself discussing with your wife what you’ll having, wile comparing the menu options, and suddenly you just notice that there is a 3EUR. difference in my menu prices. What?! As I asked the waitress she promptly told us that it was the lunch prices… Ok. Let’s not make this spoil our night. But the fact is that it did. There’s nothing worst that you be trated like a tourist in your own city

There´s nothing really amazing, or bad, to say about this wannabe Argentinian bistro. In fact I just made this review to tell this story. But truth said, I have to mention that the “Ancho” meat and the “empada” were really really good. If by any chance the cook reads my review: “you really should think in changing”

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Good restaurant with not typical portuguese cousine. Good meat and fish with good wine selection. The location is not so good but this is not a big poroblem.

1  Thank slymod
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Very good fusion/ gourmet low price food(aprox. 25€/person), good ambience, great service and fantastic desserts.

1  Thank Sandrine O