“Excellent and authentic food and service”
Review of Alpendre

Alpendre
Ranked #154 of 4,643 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castelo, Alfama & Mouraria
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We do recommend this place as a rare find in the area of the cathedral. The food is served in generous portions and is delicious.We liked it so much we ate in there twice. It is a good size reataurant and the service is excellent. One of the waiters chatted a lot with us and explained a lot of staff about the area of the castelo, etc. It was real good experience and it is a family run restaurant. Even with the crowds they had during the holiday season the quality was great. We will be back.

1  Thank keenon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went to this place because is well recommended on trip advisor, not much to say, my girl friend ordered a steak and it came all burned...
My fish was not the way I asked and it wasn't fresh at all.
We tried to complain but we were told by owner that this is the way they normally do the food in the restaurant.
Really disappointing

2  Thank Petra092011
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had two 1/2 meals which was the perfect amount.....one was a winner and one was not. The mixed seafood steamed in rice was wonderful. The beans and shrimp was not the best choice. Their popularity has taught them the art of turning tables and squeezing patrons in. While the food was good, the meal was not relaxing.

1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had a fantastic lunch at this Lisbon based restaurant with my wife and I can’t forget about it. We had an amazingly testy cataplana and I can’t wait to get back there. Everything served was fresh and really delicious. Our tour guide recommended it and we don’t know how to thank him for this magical find. From the service, everything else was amazing and the staffs were all smiles and lots of jokes were freely flowing around. I recommended this place to my friend and he told me that he had the best cod and a mixed grilled fish plate he has had in his entire life and I can’t wait to go and try this out.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I know a lot of restaurants are closed on Monday here. I expected a few people but was surprised to find I was the only customer. Maybe the funny jester waiters are off on Monday, mine wasn't humorous at all. I had shrimp soup as a started & I thought it was bland. After reading the reviews here I decided to try the seafood & rice. I know shellfish are a type of seafood so I can't say the item is mislabeled but I was disappointed. I really wasn't expecting a bunch of mussels, claws & prawns in the shell. Makes a mess & it really wasn't that good. My first clue as to the quality of this restaurant should have been the bread rolls served in tear open plastic bags. The next clue was the plastic pouch of lemon juice for my "seafood". Two customers did finally come in after I had been there an hour & 20 min. I hope their experience was better than mine. This place would not stay open long in most cities so my guess is they have enough tourist trade to stay open. Prices & portions were reasonable but considering the quality I suggest you try elsewhere.