“Fantastic Choice in Lisbon”
Review of LX Boutique Hotel

LX Boutique Hotel
Ranked #42 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for two nights before traveling elsewhere in Portugal. When it was time to return to Lisbon for one last night before our holiday was over, we decided to book at LX Boutique again. The rooms are clean, modern, charming and with great decorations and character. The location is very central to all the sights and neighborhoods you would want to explore, and just steps away from the Cais do Sodre metro station. The staff were extremely helpful in giving us restaurant and travel recommendations. One thing I would note is that if you are sensitive to noise at night, I would advise booking a room facing the river because there are bars nearby and it can be loud (although I would imagine this would be the case in any hotel within central Lisbon). Overall, this hotel was a great value and I would stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rachmp18
lxboutiquehotel, Manager at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Rach,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was great to have you on your first and last days of your holidays! I hope you really enjoy it in Portugal!

About your comments, it's great read some that points our main assets! Thank you for being so accurate. About the river rooms option, I must agree, they're unique! But bear in mind that, even being in the middle of the buzz, the investments we've made in the hotel accoustics, resulted in an almost sound proof property!

Hope to see you soon in the near future!

Kind reagards
Gonçalo Dias

Write a ReviewReviews (1,552)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Lx Boutique Hotel provided my husband and I with an amazing stay. The property itself is truly lovely and beautifully appointed - very quaint and charming in every way. Right from our arrival in Lisbon the hotel staff were very friendly, helpful and extremely attentive. No request was too big or difficult for the staff, they assisted us in directions, dinner reservations, travel arrangements, as well offering wonderful suggestions to experience some of Lisbon's hidden treasures.

The location was perfect, the lively bar and restaurant district was steps away from the hotel. All the major districts of Lisbon were readily accessible by foot from the hotel and when a nice relaxing walk was in order the waterfront was literally one minute from the doorsteps of the hotel. Another great feature of this property is the close proximity of the transit station, one of the main stations was also a one minute venture from the hotel.

The rooms were a good size, with a very comfortable bed and spacious bathroom. Even though the hotel is located in a relatively busy and bustling area the room was very quiet, in fact you would never know that the lively bar district was just minutes away.

The property also offers an up scale restaurant on the premises, however never had a chance to try it so I cannot comment on the food offered.

My husband and I absolutely loved Lisbon and have every intention of returning, we most undoubtedly will book at the Lx Boutique again.

Many thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Japa,

Thank you so much for the time you took to comment your experience at the lx boutique hotel. It was great having you with us and even better to feel we're able to fulfil your expectations.

I'm really happy you valued our location and arquitechture! The location is indeed fantastic, one of the most trendy neighberhoods in Lisbon, with everything at a short walk distance! We didn't mention it but, on your return you must go for the Riverwalk! Amazing..

Keep up the city and hotel news on our fb page and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Hi,

I just wanted to say what excellent service I had received from the staff at LX Boutique Hotel. Firstly, I had a friend that was staying with me and the hotel was booked under my name, they were able to let my friend check in prior to me arriving without any issues.

I had initially only booked one nights accommodation as I was unsure of whether I would be staying in Lisbon or not. So I had checked online and I noticed that the hotel was fully booked so I had asked staff if they could assist in helping me to get a room, and they were able to accommodate me for the next 3 days at the same internet rate I had booked my original room.

The new room we had moved to also had frosted glass/see through bathrooms and seeing as a friend was staying with me it was a little awkward, and when I had asked the staff to see if there was anything they could do to assist, they were more than happy to move me to another room. It was such a lovely experience and the staff were so wonderful and always happy to assist.

As for the hotel itself, it was great and comfortable, the rooms were clean and the location was amazing. Right in the centre of everything and close to public transport. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Lisbon.

Thanks LX Boutique for such a wonderful experience.

Margaret

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Margaret,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was great having you with us!

Our daily goal is to make our guests feel as confortable as possible and so, if we can, we'll attend all your requests! It's not work, it's pleasure!

Hope to see you soon in the near future! On your comeback, don't forget to check our website where you'll find for sure the best online offers. Anything you may need from us or from Lisbon, don't hesitate to ask.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I came to Lisbon for two days for work and stayed in this boutique hotel. It looked nice online but it was even better in real life! I was really pleasantly surprised and loved it.
I initially thought it would be a bit "shabby chic" but it feels quite luxurious. The rooms are immaculate, you're in the heart of the city but it is incredibly quiet (no noise at night whatsoever!), and the bed and fabric were amazingly comfy.
Service was excellent and I loved the décor, which brought a nice personal touch.
Location was, you couldn't be more central. The train station and the Chiado are not even 5min walk, and both the tram and bus stop by your door.
I had a fantastic time and can't wait to return. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
lxboutiquehotel, Gerente geral at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Tabyria,

Thank you so much for such a kind words! It was great having you with us and even better to feel we were able to make your business journey more pleasent! It's a great place to be when you're travellingfor work!

Follow the city and hotel news on fb page and, on your return, check our website for the best online deals. If you feel like doing a business agreement between our companies, feel free to contact us!

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Location was, you couldn't be more central. The train station and the chiado are not even 5min walk, and both the tram and bus stop by your door.
I had a fantastic time and can't wait to return. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Helene,

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Was a gem of a place to stay in Lisbon, hotel was plush, staff very friendly and helpful. Centrally located and public transportation just outside. Extremely clean, and comfortable. Plenty of attractions close by

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Kieran,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was great to have you at lx boutique hotel! On your return don't forget to check the rates on our website, where the best online deals are guarenteed.

In the meanwhile follow our fb page to keep up with the city and hotel news!

Kind regards

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I've stayed here with my husband for 4 nights: 2 nights in a Standard Double Room, and 2 nights in a Superior Double Room with River View. The decoration of the rooms is very chic and clean.

The Standard Double room was lovely,but a little small for our two luggage. Also, it was facing one of the alleys with lots of bars that were very noisy up until 5AM in the morning. Usually this wouldn't have been a problem, since the location of the hotel was what attracted us in the first place. However, if you are looking for a quiet place, you should choose a room facing the river.

The Superior Double Room with River View was great, a lot larger than our previous one, a nice view, more quite and a separate and more secure entrance from the lobby. However, the price/ night had been a lot larger as well.

The staff was helpful and and the restaurant downstairs had a lovely ambiance.

Overall, it was a great choice for staying in Lisbon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river are quieter and larger.