My partner and I stayed for three nights in a room on the 1st floor (Xpanded Citylights). It was a surprise birthday weekend trip for my partner and the hotel did not disappoint. The room is generous (I went for more expensive Xpanded room) and the photo on their website was accurate.
1) Location - really easy to get to from the airport, easy to get to Chiado (where you can catch the famous Tram 28 to get around the city)
2) Clean room and, judging from other reviews, I recommend the Xpanded rooms if space is important - our room (101) was a very decent size for a city hotel. The bed was huge and the mattress was firm - just how we like it).
3) Staff and the service - this is what makes this hotel stand out, and I travel a lot for work and I never experienced such a friendly and accommodating staff before. We loved the fact that, upon arrival, we were welcomed by a bottle of port as a birthday gift for my partner (and the Pasteis de nata). Or when the manager got in touch to offer help in any bookings and reservations for e.g restaurants...
There was only one disadvantage, which was:
1) Location - while it is handy, it's surrounded by bars and clubs open until very late. We didn't have any trouble sleeping even though we can hear sound every now and then (our room faced the main road, not the backstreet where they were located) but if you are a light sleeper this may bother you a bit. I am glad that we paid more to have the Citylights rooms...
So, overall, we both loved the hotel and the charming staff. Thanks for making us feel so welcome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the triangle between Chiado, Baixa and Cais do Sodré districts, Lx Boutique Hotel offers themed rooms with unique views over Lisbon and Tejo River. All Boutique Hotel elegant rooms are equipped with air conditioning, a mini-bar, and a private bathroom. There is an iPod docking station, LCD TV and free Wi-Fi in every room.Guest can enjoy Confraria, a trendy sushi restaurant that also serves a variety of teas, beverages and wines all day. For a typical Portuguese food experience, there are several alternatives just outside the door. Lx Boutique Hotel is 5 minutes’ walk from several restaurants, bars, cafés and shops. Guests can benefit from the 24-hour front desk service Lx Boutique Hotel provides. It also offers laundry and car hire services. An airport transfer shuttle is available upon request. Historical sites and museums such as Lisbon Cathedral, Praça do Comércio, Igreja de São Roque and the Chiado Museum are within a 10-minute walk. Lisbon’s Portela International Airport is within a 20-minute drive away or a 10-minute metro journey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your LX Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.