“Easy way to see Lisbon”
Review of Lisbon Bike Tour

Lisbon Bike Tour
Ranked #10 of 193 Outdoor Activities in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Lisbon! Don't you dare to think that you'll be climbing the seven hills. We have designed the perfect tour, all downhill and flat, for those who just want to relax and enjoy this Mediterranean atmosphere.We will cover the major historical areas and tell you about some of the small corners of this cosmopolitan and vibrant city.The Lisbon Bike Tour is the best way to see Lisbon. We are outdoor specialists, we love our lively, cosmopolitan and historical capital city. We have designed the perfect outdoor tours and we will be delighted to show you around. We are travelers ourselves and, when we go abroad, we know how a special day can make the difference, how we appreciate to be guided by someone who can make us learn about the places and its people in a very personalized way.
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Easy way to see Lisbon”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My tour was small group of only 4, with bikes in excellent condition and many gear options for taking the hills with ease. This was my first of two tours in Lisbon and this covered more territory from downtown to Belem with half of the energy spent the next day on a walking tour. Our guide Philipe was informative, and made a well paced ride with plenty of time for beverages and snapshots. I never felt rushed or too winded. My only complaint about my tours in Lisbon was that they don´t take you inside many places, and you have to make time to go back and do them on your own. I would say this tour is a good way to get to know the city and then buy a blue tansport pass to get back to the places that interest you.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sharon M
FilipePalma, Manager at Lisbon Bike Tour, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Sharon,

It was a pleasure to show you around and I am glad you enjoyed our tour. Indeed, this is an outdoor tour and one of our goals is to give you a perspective of the city with interesting suggestions of things to do afterwards that touch us and that might touch you as well.

We will consider making a longer tour that take you inside. We just have to make sure it is what people is looking for from a bike tour.

Many thanks,

m33
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fab Time with Filipe”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Thank you Filipe for giving us such a great tour around Lisbon. I think, James aged 14, thought this was the highlight of our visit. Lisbon is a beautiful city: you managed to show us some of it's jewels, and share some of it's great history with us in a relaxed and entertaining manner. Your tips of where to go and where to eat were greatly appreciated. My favourite view was the cloud clearing from the giant statue of Jesus on the south bank of the river....wow.
My advice is for anyone interested in the tour to do it on the first day of their visit to Lisbon and then you can return to see your choices at your own leisure. The tour gives you a great feel for the layout of the city. This tour is suitable for all, even the less agile, like myself, as it is all downhill! weeeeee!

Visited February 2013
Dear David, Sue and James,

I am glad you enjoyed our tour and that it was the highlight for James. It is great that parents and children can find enjoyable activities together. That is the best way of sharing.

Many thanks again and take care,

Genoa, Italy
“Wonderful and useful tour”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very pleasant experience, very useful to have an overview of Lisbon. Filipe is an excellent and well informed guide, who's made a lot of interesting experiences. Highly recoomended, it's the first thing to do in Lisbon

Visited March 2013
Tchau Giovanni,

It was also great to me to have learned from Génova. And next time you come, I will take you to mountain bike in Sintra, you will love it.

Take care,

Bathgate
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A definite 'must do' on first visit/day in Lisbon!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I are so glad we booked this tour after reading the great reviews on here (especially fenlaDublin 11 Feb 2013, who's detailed account is spot on to our experience) as it was a brilliant way to really get to know the city and it's history plus noting places to visit in more detail afterwards.
Our party consisted of Miguel, our very pleasant, informative guide and a couple of lovely Dutch ladies. Weather was perfect for this time of year which made cycling around the landmarks most enjoyable and managed to take some great holiday snaps.We also enjoyed the 'little surprises' along the way (especially the cherry liqueur :-) ) and felt much more at home in Lisbon after this tour
Many thanks, Filipe and Miguel for such a happy, memorable experience! :-) x

1 Thank AliciaBathgate
Wellington, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The best way to see and understand the City”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Philipe is an excellent guide- speaks good English and the tour is suitable for anyone except perhaps young children. We all learned a lot whilst gently cycling down to the harbour. There are a couple of stops for refreshment which is included in the price.

Visited February 2013
Thanks for your words, I am quite glad you had a good time.

Take care,