“Well Organised Tour”

Lisbon Stories
Ranked #84 of 466 Tours in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One day in Lisbon? Shall we visit Sintra as well? Up to a picnic lunch in the wine country? Or do you have time to explore the whole country? Name a place or an interest and Lisbon Stories will turn that into a private tour. 100% customizable, always led by a licensed guide who also drives, Lisbon Stories tours are the best option for those who want to take the maximum out of their (short) time in Lisbon!
Lisbon, Portugal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Well Organised Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I'm a tour manager and have used Catia to lead a couple of tours for me. On both occasions the preparation was excellent with all the details sorted out in advance by e-mail and by phone. Catia has her own transport (for small groups) and on one of my trips there was a train strike on the day we were to visit Sintra (by train) so at the last minute she was able to arrange to come to Lisbon to pick us up so the group did not miss out on their tour of Sintra. We were very grateful to her for that.

Catia's knowledge of the area is wonderful and she knows a lot of the places few tourists go to, as well as, of course, Sintra's more famous attractions (Pena Palace etc).

The tourists in my group loved her commentaries, which were both informative and fun. Not just about the tourist sites, but about life in Portugal which is equally as fascinating to visitors. She is very friendly and approachable.

It was a pleasure to introduce my groups to Catia and I will be using her in the future, and I can recommend her to anyone visiting the area.

1 Thank David_Paisley
LisbonStories, Owner at Lisbon Stories, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Oh David, thank you for your kind words. It's always a pleasure to work with you!
Catia

St. Paul
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't miss this opportunity!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Catia is a wonderful guide. She is relaxed, flexible, and enjoyable to be with. And very knowledgeable!. We had a great time with her both in terms of what we learned about Lisbon, but also what we learned about the life and perspectives of a young Lisboner. Wonderful experience.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Babak A
Los Angeles
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“From a local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We contacted Catia by email and the response was quick and helpful. We are staying for a year near Sintra and had first time visitors arriving. She actually lives that way, where she grew up in a small town. This unto itself offered great perspective on what it is like to grow up and live in Portugal and what daily life and social/political activity is like for young Portuguese. She met us at a cafe nearby with her brand new, large and comfortable new car ready to take us to Lisbon for the day.
The day was more like being with a friend. After starting the morning with pastries and coffee and getting a lesson in the same, we also enjoyed lunch at a small neighborhood restaurant in Lisbon that you would only find with her. We moved fast and covered the highlights of Lisbon, including the Alfama, downtown area and Belem all in one day.
We really enjoyed our time with Catia. She runs her own business, has built a great website, invested in a nice car and genuinely cares about your enjoyment and appreciation for her country. She has many other tours as well besides Lisbon and we hope to try some of the others, or just meet for coffee as friends as she had suggested .

1 Thank mem3184
Red Bank, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Two Wonderful Days in Lisbon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I contacted Catia many months in advance of our trip. We arranged the entire trip by email. She was always very prompt in her responses. I think she must work 24 hours a day because most of my emails were answered almost instantly.

We arranged for Catia to pick us up when our ship docked in Lisbon. We had two great days with her including one day touring Lisbon and Sintra. The next day we went to Fatima, Batalha and Obidos. We had two very full and exciting days. I still can't get the memory of the coffee and pastries in Lisbon out of my mind. We really had two very full days of touring and eating. She picked two great restaurants for lunch.

Catia really made our trip to Lisbon special. We highly recommend her.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank bwnj
Sugar Land, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I spent a few days in Portugal on my own prior to meeting some friends in France. Having never been in Portugal, I was not quite ready to try and tackle visiting Lisbon on my own, so did some searching on Trip Advisor for private touring companies. Found Lisbon Stories and based on the great reviews, got in touch with Catia via email. She was very prompt in replying and was helpful in determining an itinerary for the first full day of my trip.

Catia picked me up promptly at 10am from the hotel and then we spent the next 8 hours touring Lisbon and then driving up the coast line back into Cascais. It was a great experience! She was able to show me all of the highlights and then let me decide which sites I wanted to spend time at. We had a lovely lunch in Lisbon that was off the beaten path and that I would have never found on my own.

Being able to tour up the coast in her van, versus a tour bus made the trip all that more enjoyable. It was like spending the day exploring with a friend.

I highly recommend utilizing her services and would do so again myself should I ever be lucky return to the area.

Thanks, Catia!!!

2 Thank SLFam
Thank you for your nice words... and nice day of touring.
I also felt like I was just showing a friend around and it was a great coincidence when we crossed paths in Paris... who would have said?!
Hope to see you again (in Portugal) soon!
Catia