“Very good food, but overpriced”
Review of O Nobre

O Nobre
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
O Nobre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #564 of 4,651 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: tel; +351 21 7970760
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went there with a discount voucher. Some servings were already on the table.... We thought it was included (well honestly it was our mistake, we should have asked). They were more expensive than some dishes....

Very excelent food (the cot was excelent) and very good environment. But even with the voucher it was a fortune...

2  Thank Pedro D

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went to this restaurant for a dinner while in Lisbon for business. The menu is interesting (there is also an English/French menu, in case you do not speak Portuguese). A couple of dishes were not availble, but this is reasonable as the fish market is not a butchary. I had octopus and pimentos de padron for starters and a dish with prowns, little squids and a cast of potatoes, tomatoes and onions, very interesting. The service is very professional. Asked for a glass of chardonay (not exactly a portoguese choice, I know) and they served a very interesting chardonnay produced in Portugal (Pinto was the name of the wine making). The price is relatively high fro the portugal average, but reasonable considering the level of food and service

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We come here every couple of months, no matter what we eat the food is great. Their steak with whisky sauce is the best steak in Lisbon!

Review collected in partnership with Best Tables
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was there with two others for a business lunch. I had a fish entre of grouper, which was perfectly cooked with a delicious sauce that had shrimp and mushrooms. It was accompanied by innovative and tasty whipped potatoes. Service was very efficient. The room is quite modern and light. Even though there were others at tables nearby, we were not at all disturbed by their talking. Since I did not pay for the meal, I do not know the prices. But it seems that the cost is appropriate for a very upscale restaurant. Overall, delicious food in a modern atmosphere with very professional service.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I am a Portuguese living in Norway who invited some friends during my last visit because this is the restaurant of one of the former Portuguese Masterchef judges.

Not bad, but not brilliant.

The taste was good and the dishes were well presented, but... there's always a but:
- the portions were too big for a tasting exclusive restaurant
- the dishes were not presented to detail as in every high level restaurant, or at least a restaurent that has pretentions to be one of the best
- there wasn't any mention of wine pairing with the chosen dishes
- there isn't a tasting option at the restaurant that can be paired with different wines per dish
- the service was good, but not brilliant

The price for what we got was too high when compared to what I am used in some of the equivalent restaurants in Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden and Denmark). Too high for what we got, too high for an average Portuguese, high for an average tourist, too high for the kind of experience I am used to in some of the good Scandinavian restaurants I have tried.

Portugal is a country of food, but not necessarily thought through food to the level I have experienced in some countries with less food tradition like the Scandinavian. At least, not matching the restaurant pretensions... or country pretensions.

1  Thank VascoCarmona