“Best sightseeing experience of my life!”

We Hate Tourism Tours
Ranked #3 of 188 Outdoor Activities in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take A Trip With Us. Really make the most of your visit to Lisbon with We Hate Tourism Tours Menu! WHTT takes you everywhere worth visiting in and around the Portuguese Capital: Sintra, Belem, Cascais, Cabo da Roca, Setubal, Sesimbra, Arrabida Natural Park, Jesus(Cristo Rei) and the 7 Hills of Lisboa. WHTT`s locals show you their favourite places through their eyes. Always different and always fun. You`ll never want to be a tourist again!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best sightseeing experience of my life!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Thank you Catarina for a lovely tour to Sintra, Cascais & Belém yesterday. Never had such a great tour in my life! We loved all the things you told us about the sights, the visit to the palace, the end of the world spot, the amazing lunch you made for us and how you served it from the back of the van, the beach you took us, the monastery and delicious local sweets! Catarina is warm and very welcoming. She made sure we all enjoyed the day to the fullest. We Hate Tourism Tours is so different from all the others, there's nothing like it! I can highly recommend travellers to book a tour with WHTT. I know I will book another one when I'll travel back to Portugal!!

• Hebrew first
“great new experience”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a few days in Lisbon before going south and we wanted to visit the most famous places in Lisbon and around it. First idea was to rent a car and travel around on our own. Then we learned about an X-day tour, which included half from our checklist. The decision was made to give it a try. One of the main criteria for us was to be able to explore places the way we wanted to not the way we are told to.This tour was perfect for us. Our driver with brilliant sense of humor Marcus not only entertained us on the way with facts, stories and jokes (now I'll never forget the capitols of New Zealand and Australia), but also gave some good insights on life in Portugal as a local. Great tour, nicely organized and performed.

Australia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“BOOK THIS! Our best experience in Portugal!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We had the most wonderful day with Ricardo on the king of the hills tour. There were four of us on board in the back of the jeep; 2 Swiss girls and we are from Aus so it was a great mix! I honestly can't speak highly enough of WHTT! I have travelled all over the world and done many tours but what WHTT does is unique... They truly treat you like friends and their passion for Portugal and Lisbon in particular is very evident! :)

Along the way Ricardo gave a wonderful commentary. He was full of interesting facts and funny Jokes. We loved the "insiders tips" he dished out - what to eat, what to see, where to go, things to try! We visited a few of the things he suggested after the tour and weren't disappointed. The pace of the tour is very relaxed, we could spend as much or as little time as we wanted at each stop. We were also fortunate enough to try many diff little treats along the way which was a very nice touch. Ricardo knew how to handle the jeep very well so we always felt safe but he definitely does drive at quite a speed around the corners so its very exhilarating :)

All in all, I'm surprised that WHTT isn't no. 1 on tripadvisor, we found it to be the best value for money and such a fantastic introduction to one of the most beautiful, relaxed cities in Europe. I urge anyone of all ages to give them a go! I'm so sure you won't be disappointed!! Obrigado Ricardo!!

1 Thank happytravellermaz
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Make this the first thing you book!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is the first tour I have ever been on. I have always avoided them like the plague but this was recommended by a Portugese friend and I'm so glad I took her advice. I had the most amazing time.

In Lisbon, I did the King of The Hills, a dinner tour and the X-Day. Not only were the tours fun and informative, but the team at WHTT are the best introduction to the Portugese as a people. They are friendly, welcoming, and so down to earth. They genuinely make you feel like a friend is showing you around. All the tours were great but my favorite was the X-Day. I loved all the different places they took us to and the local delicacies we tried along the way. It's all about the food right!?!?

After Lisbon I traveled to Lagos. Here, Marta organized a tour for me even though they hadn't yet started tours in Lagos. Tiago took me around the SW area of the Algarve. If you are heading here, I would HIGHLY recommend it. I can't imagine how anyone would find the hidden beaches, beautiful beyond your imagination, without Tiago. (and I live in South Florida so I know beaches.) He showed me the beaches, historic landmarks, and small towns so there's a little bit for everyone's taste.

I think one of the best things about these guys is that they are all so flexible and basically tweak the tours for the group that they are with. They are also very patient. (You can't take a girl to a castle and expect her to be done in an hour. X-Day, you'll love it, some hiking, bring comfy shoes). Two thumbs up to Miguel, Rodrigo, Marcos, Marta, and Tiago. You really made my trip!

So, what are you waiting for? Book it. You won't regret it!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Lourdes R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

First time to Lisbon and we took a day tour. Guide was very personal enjoyed lo al spots to eat. Still telling people here at home where we ate. After the tour felt like we had a good sense of the city. Would do it again

Visited June 2013