“Absolutely Terrible !!!!!!”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Do not go to this restaurant!!!
Bad Service, Bad Food, Really Bad attitude when we made a complaint almost abusive. We were a group of eight women at a 40th Birthday Celebration. The owner lured us in by offering discounts and free bottles of wine that we ended up paying over and above the regular price.There was no reasoning with the owner so we paid and left very unhappy!!
Don't fall into the same trap!!!

There are newer reviews for Doca Seis

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had a strange feeling about this place was a total rip off when I asked to pay the bill.I was told by the waiter that I had to go inside and see the owner to pay it.The owner was a right poser who paced up & down outside trying to entice poeple in.I asked for the bill & he obivous did'nt know who I was & had to ask the waiter what table I was sitting.He then went to a pc and put the bill on the screene.I asked for a copy so I could check it & he got most annoyed. I stood my ground and checked it on screen.The total came to 95 euros & I noticed that there was an item on there for 15 euros. I enquired what it was and was told that it was for " nibbles with drinks" As we had eat them I decided to pay which I did with a credit card. When I received the recipt from the reader he had put 10% "service charge" on the bill making it 104 euros. A shame he has to run his buisness so under handed because the food, whilst nothing special was quite good.

3  Thank billy340
Reviewed September 20, 2012

It's at Docas de Alcantara, which is noisy and touristy and not a romantic riverside location if this is what you want. And yes, they charge for the couvert (bread, cheese, olives, etc) - but so do other restaurants in Lisbon. If you don't like crowds, avoid the Docas on Fri/Sat nights (dinner no later than 8).
I have been to Doca Seis numerous times: the service has always been great, the terrace is cosy and the octopus is the best I've ever had (believe me, I've had a few).
A bit pricy perhaps but constantly good food.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

are you in Lisbon? don't go to "Doca 6" restaurant in Alcantara-mar zone. no bill, no credit card, no receipt, only cash accepted and will pay the double of what you order!!!

1  Thank Vincenzo R
Reviewed May 28, 2012

How I wish I'd read the other reviews before dining here!!! Having arrived late to Lisbon we headed to the Alcantara area based on recommendations from a travel book. The book advised there were many restaurants on the water front so we thought this would be a preferable to trying to find somewhere in the labyrinth of Lisbon streets before we had our bearings. The Alcantara waterfront is a series of bars and restaurants set into what look to be some converted warehouses, whilst we only tried one place it all seemed a little tacky and touristy and was certainly bettered many times over the next couple of days by restaurants in the older parts of town.
Any way, back to Doca Seis. As others have said you are provided with a selection of prawns, cheese, olives, bread etc as you sit down. I had read that 'couvert' often came with meals and was charged at about €3-5, the other diners, some Portugese were all having the same thing so we tucked in. Only later did we realise these starters amounted to over €20!!
On asking the manager to recommend some good dry white wine he immediately said "I'll bring you one", only when pressed several times to point out WHICH one on the menu did he point to the most expensive wine on the list, I said no and asked for something cheaper so he pointed to the second most expensive....he could not have cared less whether it was sweet or dry as long as it was top dollar.
Finally, after two very average main courses (as others have said we were also heavily pressured into ordering starters) I asked for the bill only to be told they did not bring them to the table but I was to go and pay the manager inside. As he rung up he ludicrous bill of €90 for two mains and a bottle of wine he told me the service charge would be €9, I told him it would be €0 and gave a few tips on service.
There are plenty of places to eat in Lisbon - don't eat here!!!!