“A perfect gift for my mother”
Review of Tradicao do Vinho - CLOSED

Tradicao do Vinho
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castelo, Alfama & Mouraria
Description: Located in the Castle of Sao Jorge in Lisbon, a small and cozy space where you can find and enjoy wines and portuguese food. The ideal place to spend a good time.
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We wanted to give my mum a present for her 50th birthday. Since she had already planned a trip to Lisbon with my dad, a romantic dinner seemed a good idea. Through TripAdvisor I read about Tradicao do Vinho and host Andre. I sent him an email and he was so helpful. Made a delicious selection of wines and ports, tapas. Even arranged tickets for a Fado concert of Ana Moura in the castle. My parents had a really great night and loved the ports... and now I can't wait to visit Lisbon and the Tradicao myself!

1  Thank EstherOv

Reviewed March 23, 2011

we found this place as we were guided to it....
André took care of us so well that we went back the next day and the next day....
We strongly recomment this place to everybody visiting Lisbon !
Way to go André. Keep on going. We will be back one day.
Greetings from Belgium. Herman & Ria

1  Thank Hermie57
Reviewed March 19, 2011

A lovely spot after a day at the castle. The food was delicious and the wine excellent. The owners are the epitome of Portugese generosity and hospitality. My advice on this charming treasure--go. I envy you the treat.

1  Thank Cncorday
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Just down the street from the entrance to the castle, a tiny cafe, with an incredibly well selected wine list, and the tastiest of local sausages, cheeses, breads, olives and spreads. The wine was exceptional and reasonably priced.

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I really can't say enough about how very much I loved this place. The food was excellent and the service was delightful! We drank really delicious wine in a relaxed atmosphere, all in the shadow of the castle. My friends and I spent most of a day there as it was so hard to leave - we had no reason to! We felt perfectly at home and really well looked after. We loved it! It was host to my best anniversary and celebration yet. Thanks again Andre!!

2  Thank ghittaa