“Overall a very nice hotel in a good location”
Review of The Vintage Lisboa

The Vintage Lisboa
Ranked #60 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed March 20, 2011

After a long time choosing where to stay in Lisbon I finally chosse the CS Vintage Lisboa and I am very glad I did. On arrival at the hotel we was greet by a member of staff and checked in to our room very quickly. The room was a good size and was very clean. We was in a deluxe room. There was a good size TV with a selection of channels and a Ipod docking station. Thou there was no bath in the room the shower was very powerful. The only problem we had was with the pillows ( to soft ) and advise to ring room service for more. The spa area is very good and breakfast was good thou there is room for improvement. Also a big thank you for the late check out ( 15.00 ) Overall a very nice hotel at a good price. This hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 14, 2011

Having just come back from weekend in Lisbon I felt compelled to write a report on the hotel to help others as our stay at the hotel was fantastic.

Having researched the hotel options extensively and opting for the CS Vintage I was very happy on entering the room. For the price you can not complain, it's extremely good value for money. Whilst it's not probably not truely a 5* hotel (not in the same league as a hotel like the Ritz) it does provide everything it says it offers.

The rooms were large and spotless, fantastic bathrooms and really helpful and friendly staff.

The location was great, we walked everywhere and it was easy to access the central parts of Lisbon by foot.

As you can tell this is a positive review. The biggest test is would we stay there again. A resounding yes is the answer to this question.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Stayed here with my daughter for three nights including her birthday. Hotel was brand new and spotlessly clean with beautiful rooms and bedding. In a quiet safe central location close to restaurants. Complimentary fruit, chocolate sauce and sparkling wine sent to room on evening of birthday. Breakfast lovely. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed September 25, 2010

For a 5 star hotel, their rooms are too simple and they don't even come with a bath - just a shower. I chose this hotel and thought I would treat myself for my birthday but it turned out to be a total disappointment. I was given a room on the 3rd floor facing inside with terrible view of building at the back. I have to ask for tissues and the menu for room service is missing.

Way past midnight, I could hear a big group of people drinking, talking and laughing from the bar downstair. If there is anything good about the hotel, it will be their bed - its very comfortable but for the price they charge per night, staying here for 2 nights, you pay enough to buy a decent mattress!

The hotel did offer me another room but one floor below facing a busy traffic road. I could have to stay put with the traffic noise during rush hours or stay where I am hearing late night covnersation from the bar.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank MacVita
Reviewed September 16, 2010

There is a wonderful spa in the depths of this hotel. Not really a swimming pool but its got lots of massage jets and there's a hot sauna with (not quite so warm) steam room. Didn't try the actual massage but €38 for 25mins seemed a very good deal. As for the rooms, the beds are really good with great pillows. We had to be moved because our air-con packed up. However, they put us into a Junior Suite (thank you!), gave us some free ironing and a 10% discount, which I thought was pretty good - well, we did have to move when we came in at 01.30am. A benefit of the suite is that it keeps you more separated from the bathroom. If you like your privacy then you may not be so keen on the bathrooms, its all a little bit open plan. Don't get me wrong, its not that bad, but put it this way, if you prefer a heavy wooden door to the bathroom, you may not get on so well with this. Also, there's no bath but the shower was very powerful.
The ironing was a surprise, OK its a 5 star hotel, but all I wanted to do was run an iron over a shirt before I went out and it had to be done by the hotel. It may be a good earner but it works out pretty expensive when you have a suitcase full of clothes, it would be good to make one available.
The staff were great and very helpful. The location is good but up a rather steep (well, that's Lisbon for you). Would I go back? definitely.
PS
A word of advice, watch your self on the 28 tram tram to the castle - pickpockets operate.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Notioneer
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Stayed here recently for two nights before heading down the coast to Cascais. This is a new hotel and is as clean and smart as one would expect. The lobby area and bar are very nice and contemporary, as are the rooms. However, there is a certain charm or personality lacking from this hotel and whilst its nice enough, it has no particular atmosphere - the bar and restaurant were always empty during our stay. Also, teh hotel is just slightly off the beaten track - although it's only a couple of blocks in the Avenue Liberdade, very few taxi drivers knew where it was. I was lucky enough to book under the opening offer of £160 for two nights, at which price it's perfectly reasonble but the current price is around £160 a night which I wouldn't be prepared to pay and would instead opt for one of the main hotels right on Avenue Liberdade.

All in all, the CS Vintage Lisboa is perfectly adequate for a short stay or a business trip but I wouldn't recommend for a special occasion and there are better hotels in Lisbon, better located in this price bracket.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hambon
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I really enjoyed this hotel. It is brand new, having just been renovated from (what we were told by a number of our taxi drivers when dropping us off) a very run-down, crumbling building. It sounded like people were really happy to see the building given new life.

The hotel is very clean with a modern but comfortable design. The towels and bed linens were really soft. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was delicious. The spa is open, but only a few services are available - even still, we both had GREAT massages for a good price. We sent afterwards that we should have had one everyday.

There were a few "design-fails" in the rooms - nowhere near the shower to hang a towel, you couldn't turn all of the light in the room off from your bed - only the ones in the main bed-room area, the lift was confusing and there was no sign to tell you how to use it....but these are all small things that will be worked out as the hotel grows past its infancy.

Overall a very nice hotel and a very nice visit to Lisbon. I would absolutely tell my friends and family to try this hotel

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends