“Good value, near to bus and metro station”

Luxe Hotel by Turim Hoteis
Ranked #145 of 254 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I spend my 3nights here. the room was quite spacious, with a big TV, telephone, and built-in radio. but the lighting in the room were dull. i tried the paid buffet breakfast, there is basic breakfast food choice. Portuguese tarts, croissants, cereal, hot drinks. nothing too special.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunl29
There are newer reviews for Luxe Hotel by Turim Hoteis

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

So we stayed for 3 nights with 2 double rooms at a cost of £168 with no breakfast, which is very good value. The location is not a very attractive part of Lisbon and I don't know whether it is unsafe but I would feel uncomfortable walking alone at night. It is 5 mins walk from Anjos subway station which is a cheap way to get around and gives you access to the city in 10 minutes and also usefully to the airport in 30 minutes.

The rooms are modern and clean but small and have an ensuite WC and shower with a hairdryer, which my wife appreciated. The main downside is that the door to the WC is a flimsy bit of perspex. You'd have to feel pretty comfortable with your partner/room mate to use it whilst they are in the room - maybe not the place for a romantic getaway as a new couple! The AC in our room was not up to much and it got pretty warm at night with everything set to the coolest. This wasn't much of a problem in March when temperatures are between 14-18 during the day and drop to 5-8 at night however I wouldn't be sure how nice this would be in the Lisbon summer when it can apparently get up to 38...

Other things that I think they could easily improve but are hardly a big deal would be the installation of vending machines. They actually keep cans and bottles behind reception but asked for 3 euros for one can. There are shops locally but if you want a midnight refreshment then you are a bit stuck for choice. Also I want overly impressed by the shower which although warm didn't really have enough power and also there is no light in the shower cubicle so it's a bit dark...

We had no hassle with reception who were helpful enough but we didn't exactly ask a lot of them.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Neil P
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for two nights during the Feb half term. We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms, neither of us having stayed in a 2 star before expected the worst, but were very happy with what we received for just £12.50 per person per night!! Simple amenities, could have benefited from tea and coffee facilities, however the coffee shop on the corner made the nicest coffee for just 95cents. We had read comments about the glass door to the bathroom and were a little concerned, however it didn't really pose a problem as the door wasn't visible to the rest of the room due to the layout. Just 5 min walk to the metro and then within 15mins you're in the centre of Lisbon. When we arrived we were informed that we couldn't check in until 2:00pm but they offered to store our bags for us. The staff also gave us a map and recommended some places for us to visit.
If you are looking for a low cost hotel in a relatively good location with no frills this is perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank HappyHoliday087
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great location, only 3 metro stops (Anjos) away from Lisbon central, also there is a bus stop just outside of the front entrance which also takes you to the to the port. Staff were friendly, polite and extremely helpful. Our room was nice and clean, at expected level.
Don't expect too much for breakfast but for it's price I think they have provided the most they could. There are also a few cafes and restaurants just couple of metres away from the hotel for those who wishes to dine near the hotel rather than paying more in the tourist district.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sesame_lobster
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel has a good cost-benefit.
Positive aspects: Nice room, good bed, good location (close to a metro station, bakery, restaurant, laundry).
Negative aspects: No privacy in room's toilet (glass door), shower door doesn't close properly, there is any support to put soap and shampoo inside the shower, restaurant only opens for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This hotel is everything you expect of a hotel. The establishment is very clean and the customer service is fantastic. We had no major problems with the hotel and even the location is not too bad.

The closest metro station was the Anjos metro. From here it's about a 5 minute walk to the hotel. The hotel is well located in lisbon however if walking for over 20 minutes to reach the centre is a problem, then I would recommend the metro.

The hotel is located in a nice area not too upperclass and definitely not the Bronx of lisbon. There are some great restaurants near by and the hotel is well accompanied by many supermarkets, bars and all the necessities (even the post office if need be)

Don't expect anything fantastic for breakfast but it does suffice with its continental range of breakfast foods.

I would return to this hotel if returning to Lisbon.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We got a good deal from a hotel megasite, and all the pics on here and the website looked great. I was disappointed when we turned up, they gave us 'the dodgy room.' You know when you turn up to a hotel, and they're keen to get rid of the room that's awful. Try their luck with new guests on a cheap booking. Well here it's Room 705. It had damp patches on the wall at the end of the bed, and across the ceiling of the bathroom. It also had a musty smell. There was some kind of buzzing box just above where you put the keycard as well. When you insert the card it starts to buzz fairly loud.

We complained at the front desk, and they gave us a room on the 4th floor that was brilliant. Bed was comfy, bathroom spotlessly clean with a great shower. I do love a good shower! I was able to watch youtube lying on my bed, so wifi was great. It was also quiet at night, something I fully appreciate.

The location is great, handy for the Anjos metro stop, 30-40mins from the airport, 10-15mins from downtown. I walked around the area in the early hours, and never felt unsafe.

The reception was good, and printed off a local map with pharmacies when we need to try to find one late at night (they were all closed, hospital is nearby for future ref). The breakfast was also good and filling. The 'juice' was basically fruit cordial though.

Another grumble was the left luggage room. It was not locked and out of site of reception. We didn't lose anything, but I felt that was dodgy.

The place was overall very good, so I don't feel like marking it lower than 4. If I'd had to stay with Room 705, it would get 1 star.

Room Tip: Don't get Rm 705!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple