“Excellent staff and service”

Altis Avenida Hotel
Ranked #32 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersGold level
McLean, Virginia
“Excellent staff and service”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is a fine hotel in an excellent location. The staff were friendly, professional and attentive, from room reservations and booking tours, to making restaurant reservations. We stayed a week and never had less than fine experience with any of the arrangements. The rooftop terrace is a wonderful location for breakfast, lunch or late night snack or drink. Would return in a minute.

Room Tip: Windows are sound proof, but view of the Restauradores Square is the best side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonBeach
Julia C, Gerente at Altis Avenida Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
On behalf of all of the Altis Avenida Team, I would like to transmit our gratitude towards your appreciation of our services. Take care & kind regards, Julia Campos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights. Fabulous hotel where the staff are all polite, courteous and helpful. Nothing is hurried, everything is clean, breakfast is a leisurely affair taken on the top floor restaurant or terrace and the food if eating dinner is again very good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anthony L
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014

A mature couple, we were in Portugal for a wedding and stayed at this hotel to sample Lisbon. It is in an excellent location but we felt did not quite live up to its five star pretensions. Our modern bedroom had insufficient bedside lighting. The staff were poorly trained; very willing but, after promising something, often forgot or just disappeared. We later stayed in the Avenida Palace, which has really good professional staff.

Room Tip: try the Avenida Palace
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was my second stay in this hotel. I chose it because I liked it so much the last time. What´s not to like about this hotel? Nothing, in my opinion. Very nice staff, perfect location, clean everywhere, nice room and wonderfull view from the breakfast room on the rooftop. We asked for a quite room and quiet it was. Did not hear a sound all night. I still think the rooms are a bit gloomy, but that is a matter of taste. Some would say they are elegant. Big room, big bed, very comfortable. Bathroom is very well lit and with good space to store your belongings.
Internet in the room is important to me when I book hotelroom and it worked very well here.

All in all, I have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone who visits Lisboa.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linksmom
Julia C, Gerente at Altis Avenida Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
A guest that comes for the second time is a huge success for us, thank you so very much for your loyalty! Hope to welcome you back soon on your 3rd visit! Take care & kind regards, Julia Campos
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My friend and I enjoyed a very relaxing week-end at this hotel. It was a quick and easy trip from the airport to the hotel,which is very conveniently situated close to the centre and opposite the station from which you can catch a train to the wonderful SIntra. The hotel staff were very courteous and we were given a lot of useful information when we checked-in. Our rooms were very comfortable and on the first floor. They were not small and were kept very clean.
Breakfast was good although there was not a huge selection. We very much enjoyed sitting on the 'terrasse' enjoying the evening sun and sipping a cocktail. We ate in the restaurant on one occasion - the staff there were very attentive and the food good although the portions were small.
We had pre-paid and had absolutely no trouble checking-out. The receptionist went out onto the street and hailed a taxi for us and we both left feeling as if we had been very well looked after.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ann N
Julia C, Gerente at Altis Avenida Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Ann, thank you very much for your kind review. Your conclusion sums it all up very nicely, our mission is to create a feeling of "being looked after well". That is definately the memory that we would want our customers to have when thinking of their stay at the Altis Avenida Hotel! Kind regards, Julia Campos
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I am lucky enough to stay here on business fairly regularly and I am never disappointed.

The welcome is always personal, my room cards are always waiting for me and everything works perfectly.

The free fruit, free Wifi and ample breakfast round off the experience.

And all this in a central, yet quiet location, across from the Rossio station.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Stuart1503
Julia C, Gerente at Altis Avenida Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Your words mean a lot to us, especially as they are coming from such a regular guest as yourself. Thank you!!! Cheers, Julia
Ibiza Town, Spain
Reviewed April 16, 2014

BE AWARE!!! I stayed at altis avenida and they told me if i wanted to pay in advance i could do it by they're virtual visa card, so i decided to pay the half part of the total ammount, which was of 250€.
At the check out they told me at the front desk they didn't have any notice about my payment of 250€, so i had to pay my whole staying again. AFTER MORE THAN 2 WEEKS WAITING AND CALLING YO THE HOTEL DAY AFTER DAY, I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN REFUND!!! And they still continue telling me: tomorrow, tomorrow...
I've never seen such a bad service in my whole life. That never happened to me in any other hotel around the world and i'm still asking myself how many time do they need to make a refund of 250€ which they made me pay twice at the check out!! Totally unacceptable from a 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank mcblind
Good Afternoon, first of all, I want to make one thing very clear: it is absolutely in our interest to reimburse the amount that was paid twice. The first problem was that you realized the money transfer on a Saturday, when the check-out day was scheduled for the following Sunday. There was no chance that the transaction could have been processed on time. As we didn't received any message from you, informing that a payment had been done, the Front Office Team was not aware and therefore asked for full payment. They only respected our internal guidelines. Since your departure, I agree that it has taken too much time for this matter to be resolved, however it is not only in our hands...the credit card institute as well as your bank are involved in the process. Let's hope that everything is in order by now. Regards, Julia Campos