Altis Avenida Hotel
$166
  • Restaurant
$253
  • Breakfast included
TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel(Lisbon)
$191
$141
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
$62
$302
$276
  • Restaurant
$292
$456
1,460 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantgreat locationtop floorrossio train stationcentral locationturn down servicedeluxe roomstar hotelthe heart of the citywonderful hotelbreakfast is servedhighly recommend this hotelcomfortable bedsevery eveningwonderful cityexploring lisbonhotel staff
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A choice location in the city center. Easy access to all of the walking streets, restaurants etc. The staff was courteous and helpful and they remembered our names! The breakfast was very good,even at the extra price it was really worth it since it is in any area with few other breakfast options that we could find.
An excellent choice.

Room Tip: This was on a Hotels.com sale and way worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank studebhawk
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We just spent a week at the Altis Avenida. It was the perfect combination of location, comfort, amenities, service and value. We've stayed in more lavish hotels, but few have had the magic mix that the Altis Avenida provided for our first visit to Lisbon.

First, the location couldn't be better. Until you actually visit Lisbon, it's hard to understand this. The hotel is ON Praca do Restauradores. It is 100 yards from Rossio (the square--as it is across the street from Rossio the train station) 25 yards past Rossio is Praca de Figuera. Another 25 yards and you're at Praca Martim Moniz. Every possible mode of transportation in the city is at your doorstep. Additionally, the hotel is located halfway between the Elevador Santa Justa and the Gloria funicular. It is a 10 minute, flat walk to the Tejo.

This boutique hotel (70 rooms?) is quiet and extremely comfortable. Our room, while not large by US standards, easily met every need that we had during our visit. The room was, despite being in the absolute center of the city's hub, was tomb-quiet. The blackout shades were a welcome addition, too.

Breakfast in the rooftop dining room and its adjacent terrace overlooking Restauradores was the perfect way to start the day. To a person, every employee that we encountered was warm and welcoming. After a hectic day of exploring, you felt that you were truly 'coming home' when you walked through the door.

There may be more opulent hotels in Lisbon, but the design, comfort and service of the Altis Avenida would be hard to be beat.

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor (612)--a floor down from the restaurant. Despite previous comments, we never once heard a noise from above.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Julia C, Gerente at Altis Avenida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your hotel experience with us! We much appreciated your kind comments on the comfort & design of the hotel but especially your impressions on the service provided by our team! It is always a joy to hear when our guests felt "at home" and well taken care of! We thank you for your preference and wish you all the best, kind regards, Julia Campos

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights for my visit to Lisbon as I booked my trip through British Airways and they offered 4 nights for the price of 3.
I have to say that this hotel is exceptional value and the location is fantastic as it is in the middle of everything. My room was a deluxe room and the view from the balcony was simply perfect.
The daily breakfast was really nice and the Rossio restaurant offers great views from the 7th floor.
I enjoyed walking around the area and it is only a 15-20 minute walk to Marques De Pombal square.
The staff are very friendly and I found them to be very helpful.
I booked my trip to Lisbon through British Airways and they offered 4 nights for the price of 3.
I also booked a Lisbon River cruise from BA's website and the pickup was supposed to be from a hotel opposite, but asked one of the members of staff for help and he managed to call the appropriate person and confirm my pickup. Unfortunately I am unable to remember the name of the member of staff. I previously could not get through on the contact number that was provided to me when I booked the cruise.
Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would without any doubt recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank npatel137
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed in a superior room which was kind of small, barely place for 2 luggages ,but very clean. The shower is amasing. The location is great with lots of places within walking distance. The staff are very friendly. They just should have a direct access to elevators, we had a stroller so each time were obliged to handle it on the stairs, staff always offered to help but eventhough better to have direct access for strollers and weelchairs, and lighting was a little dim in room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing about us. I am happy that your stay was enjoyable, however, I understand your comments on the stairs in the entrance. Remodeling an old building into a modern place is a challenge and there are some "obstacles" that are hard to overcome. The stairs were one of them... I hope that it was not too inconveniente. Take care & kind regards, Julia Campos

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at this hotel, at the beginning and end of our trip to Portugal and Spain. Each time, we were greeted by a friendly and helpful staff that cheerfully answered all our questions, made recommendations and booked reservations. (They recommended Sacramento, a fabulous restaurant nearby, where we ended up eating three nights because the menu and service were so outstanding!) The hotel's location can't be beat - just steps from the main square. We had a superior room, with balcony doors that opened out over the plaza. The bed was comfortable, and the shower was one of the best on our trip. There was nightly turn down service, with a tasty chocolate, and the room was made up promptly every day. There were also slippers and robes, although the robes had been washed so many times that they were, literally, falling apart. (I mentioned this to mgmt. and they agreed that they should be replaced.) The lighting was a little dim for our taste, but that seems to be in fashion. The rooftop restaurant/bar was nice and full of light, although it was mostly too windy to sit outside. The breakfast was good, but nothing particularly special.

Room Tip: We had the same room both times, #608. It was quiet and had a great view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Julia C, Manager at Altis Avenida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay with us! We were happy to hear that you enjoyed the kindness of our staff members as well as the comfort of the rooms and last but not least our fantastic location. Please come and visit us again in the future! By the way, we have already started replacing the bathrobes :-) Kind regards, Julia Campos