“Location beats Everything!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Location beats Everything!!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for five nights in June 2012. This is a five star property, a very boutique hotel. The check in was fast and easy, the concierge was able to recommend us some great restaurants and we were given good directions when we asked for them. The room is nice, clean, decent size for two, bathroom was great. The complimentary breakfast was good, decent, had everything you needed to start the day, can't complain when its free. The outdoor terrace was big and we sat out there a few days as well. You can use the free internet in the lobby which was great for us as we used it to look up places we wanted to see or places we wanted to eat at.

The best thing about the hotel is the LOCATION. We searched for a lot of hotels before booking this one, and I'm glad we did book this one. This hotel you can walk to anywhere, right beside the Liberdade also, and close to cafes and restaurants. There are a lot of hills in Portugal and where you will be doing most of your walking, you will be glad this hotel is not on a hill when you try to get back to the hotel.

All in All, great hotel, would definitely stay here again if we came back to Portugal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank leafs4life
Julia C, Gerente at Altis Avenida Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for writing your kind review. I was happy to notice that you have kept the Altis Avnida Hotel in such a good memory, even after 6 months :). I agree with you, there is no better location than ours if you want to stay central. That, in combination with our greatest efforts to provide 5-star-service are definately the key-factors to choose us! Thank you for your preference, hope to welcome you back one day! Kind regards, Julia Campos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Location of the hotel is perfect. The room is very new and clean. The bed and sheets are soft and comfy. The view is wonderful. The service is thoughtful and personal. Great value for a secure hotel in the heart of Lisbon. Only area that needs improvement is breakfast - its not bad, just standard. It is really nice to be here and I highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: room 508 has the best view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Belmont, California
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We loved this hotel. The staff at the hotel and the restaurant were very friendly and professional. The location is ideal for walking around the sights. Lots of restaurants around. We had a lovely large room with balcony over looking the Avenida. The bed and linens were top notch. The roof top was outstanding--especially at night. You can have drinks there or dinner. The food was excellent but the ambiance was even better. kudos for the goat cheese ice cream which was outstanding! The morning breakfast that came with the room was very substantial and tasty.

We really loved this hotel and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Julia C, Gerente at Altis Avenida Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed all areas of the hotel and that you felt comfortable and well taken care of. We are sharing these comments with all our staff and I am sure they couldn't be more satisfied to receive such a positive feed-back at the beginning of the year. Kindest regards, Julia Campos
brussels
Reviewed January 3, 2013

went there for new Year´s eve dinner - the arrangement included a 5-or 6 course meal (I forgot the exact number, but believe me, you were busy for 2 1/2 hrs) and was with 85,- EUR pp including standard drinks (beer, wine, water, coffee/tea) very reasonably priced.

Most important: the views over the city and the firework were great and the efficient, professional and friendly service made it even more of a worthwhile experience

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
First of all, thank you for having chosen Rossio Restaurant for the special ocasion. I would like to take the oportunity to wish you a Happy New Year, with health and many happy moments!
Kind regards, Julia Campos
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 22, 2012

nice boutique hotel, friendly staff, perfect location, rooms are small but decor is great, bed was very comfortable, and bathroom superb. they have a lovely roof top restaurant, that has a very good buffet breakfast, and a very nice ambiance for dinner. Our waiter Fernando was very attentive and professional. I would certainly choose to stay here again, should I revisit Lisbon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I just returned from spending seven days at this Hotel. We had checked out quite a few before we ended up choosing this Hotel and were not disappointed. It has a great location just across the street from the train station and is close to the Rua Augusta as well as the Ave. Liberdade. The Hotel went renovations two years ago and is clean and modern. We got the standard double room located on the sixth floor, which was a little small, but that was expected. The lighting could have been better. The wife could have used a little more shelf space in the bathroom, but overall it was sufficient as we did not spend a lot of time in the room. The view looked out over the back alley way, but if you want to upgrade, you can get a balcony that overlooks the Liberdade. The only problem was that the breakfast room is above the floor and in the morning we could hear the chairs scrapping on the floor above as people went to breakfast. The breakfast was a good selection of cheeses, meats and rolls, etc. Typical euro breakfast - which I like. The service was excellent and efficient and the staff was very friendly. We visited the roof top bar on several occasions and they had a Tapas and wine pairing which was fabulous, not only in value but in taste. The only thing was that is was not advertised very well. It was an excellent value for only 10EUROS. Three glasses of wine and three tapas. As a result of the tasting we decided to try the Restaurant - Rossia - and we were not disappointed. The staff which served us were excellent - I had them write their names down, but I lost my note book so hopefully the management will read this and know who they are. The head waitress was extremely helpful and knowledgeable in choosing wines from Portugal to go with the meal. I would not hesitate to stay at this Hotel if I went back to Lisbon.

Room Tip: If you don't want to pay for a suite with a balcony - choose the fourth or fifth floors to avoid...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank donald m
Copenhagen
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this hotel and enjoyed it very much.

Everything was in good condition, very clean, comfortable beds and quiet (soundproofed rooms).
Breakfast had a good choice of fruits, bread, cakes and cheese/jam/ham, yogurt and more.
The staff was very helpful,friendly, attentive and polite.
The hotel is within walking distance of most attractions and the metro and train station is conveniently located "next door".

Perfect for a romantic get-away or a business trip.

The only things missing were a spa or pool. It is a 5-star hotel, but doesn't have the facilities that I would think a 5-star hotel should have. Not that it bothered me - but I wonder about the number of stars. For comfort and cleanliness - it is absolutely well deserved, though.

If I go to Lisbon again this is where I would stay.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are quiet, as they are facing the back yard. But they have no view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Julia C, Gerente at Altis Avenida Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about us. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I understand your opinion about missing Spa-facilities, however we do offer special conditions for guests in the beautiful Spa of our sister hotel, the Altis Belem. As the Altis Avenida opened its doors in a historical buiding from the 1940s, there was simply no possibility in creating such an area when the building was converted into a hotel. I hope we compensate this lack with our remaining services and customer orientation :)
Kind regards, Julia Campos