“great restaurant experience (Rossio rooftop restaurant)”

Altis Avenida Hotel
Ranked #37 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersGold level
brussels
“great restaurant experience (Rossio rooftop restaurant)”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

went there for new Year´s eve dinner - the arrangement included a 5-or 6 course meal (I forgot the exact number, but believe me, you were busy for 2 1/2 hrs) and was with 85,- EUR pp including standard drinks (beer, wine, water, coffee/tea) very reasonably priced.

Most important: the views over the city and the firework were great and the efficient, professional and friendly service made it even more of a worthwhile experience

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Julia C, Gerente at Altis Avenida Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
First of all, thank you for having chosen Rossio Restaurant for the special ocasion. I would like to take the oportunity to wish you a Happy New Year, with health and many happy moments!
Kind regards, Julia Campos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 22, 2012

nice boutique hotel, friendly staff, perfect location, rooms are small but decor is great, bed was very comfortable, and bathroom superb. they have a lovely roof top restaurant, that has a very good buffet breakfast, and a very nice ambiance for dinner. Our waiter Fernando was very attentive and professional. I would certainly choose to stay here again, should I revisit Lisbon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I just returned from spending seven days at this Hotel. We had checked out quite a few before we ended up choosing this Hotel and were not disappointed. It has a great location just across the street from the train station and is close to the Rua Augusta as well as the Ave. Liberdade. The Hotel went renovations two years ago and is clean and modern. We got the standard double room located on the sixth floor, which was a little small, but that was expected. The lighting could have been better. The wife could have used a little more shelf space in the bathroom, but overall it was sufficient as we did not spend a lot of time in the room. The view looked out over the back alley way, but if you want to upgrade, you can get a balcony that overlooks the Liberdade. The only problem was that the breakfast room is above the floor and in the morning we could hear the chairs scrapping on the floor above as people went to breakfast. The breakfast was a good selection of cheeses, meats and rolls, etc. Typical euro breakfast - which I like. The service was excellent and efficient and the staff was very friendly. We visited the roof top bar on several occasions and they had a Tapas and wine pairing which was fabulous, not only in value but in taste. The only thing was that is was not advertised very well. It was an excellent value for only 10EUROS. Three glasses of wine and three tapas. As a result of the tasting we decided to try the Restaurant - Rossia - and we were not disappointed. The staff which served us were excellent - I had them write their names down, but I lost my note book so hopefully the management will read this and know who they are. The head waitress was extremely helpful and knowledgeable in choosing wines from Portugal to go with the meal. I would not hesitate to stay at this Hotel if I went back to Lisbon.

Room Tip: If you don't want to pay for a suite with a balcony - choose the fourth or fifth floors to avoid...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank donald m
Copenhagen
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this hotel and enjoyed it very much.

Everything was in good condition, very clean, comfortable beds and quiet (soundproofed rooms).
Breakfast had a good choice of fruits, bread, cakes and cheese/jam/ham, yogurt and more.
The staff was very helpful,friendly, attentive and polite.
The hotel is within walking distance of most attractions and the metro and train station is conveniently located "next door".

Perfect for a romantic get-away or a business trip.

The only things missing were a spa or pool. It is a 5-star hotel, but doesn't have the facilities that I would think a 5-star hotel should have. Not that it bothered me - but I wonder about the number of stars. For comfort and cleanliness - it is absolutely well deserved, though.

If I go to Lisbon again this is where I would stay.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are quiet, as they are facing the back yard. But they have no view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Julia C, Gerente at Altis Avenida Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about us. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I understand your opinion about missing Spa-facilities, however we do offer special conditions for guests in the beautiful Spa of our sister hotel, the Altis Belem. As the Altis Avenida opened its doors in a historical buiding from the 1940s, there was simply no possibility in creating such an area when the building was converted into a hotel. I hope we compensate this lack with our remaining services and customer orientation :)
Kind regards, Julia Campos
Cambridge
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, location of this hotel is pretty much perfect for visiting all the great sights of Lisbon. On arrival to the hotel the front desk staff were courteous and polite but I wouldn't say overly friendly, so they could have been a bit more welcoming and smiley.

The room we had was on the fourth floor and positioned towards the back of the hotel. It was a nice room and the size was OK and it was nicely decorated and furnished in a very modern style. However, there was a couple of annoying aspects. Firstly, the window was positioned high in the wall and the view was of the back of the hotel which was not the best, although it did have a nice view of the castle on the hill. Secondly, the TV was positioned to the left of the bed and w high on the wall. You could tilt it side to side but not up and down. So it meant it was difficult to see the picture when you were lying in bed as you could not adjust the angle. Apart from that the room was very comfortable and clean and the bathrooms were nice.

The restaurant on the top floor was very nice and the views were great. The breakfast was fantastic, a great selection of hot and cold food so represented really good value bing included in the price of the room. We didn't eat there in he night but we did have a couple of cocktails and at €10 a pop they were not cheap!!

Overall it was a pleasant and enjoyable stay in a great location. If I come back I would stay again but I would pick a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the street or square.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We just returned from a fabulous seven nights stay at this wonderful hotel! The location is perfect. And if you're lucky enough to have a balcony on the second floor, you feel as if you're right in the middle of the action. People watching from the comfort of your bed, nice! The room was nice and modern, moderate size, clean, spacious bathroom, with a balcony if its own even. I always appreciate use of their robes and slip errs, once less bulky thing to pack. Turndown service was a nice touch, especially the chocolates. Room service is good and quite reasonable. The upstairs restaurant was very quiet but stunning. The views were spectacular and the food very good. They even delivered our dessert to our room. Service was great, everyone was friendly, helpful and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone! Thank you so much for such a comfortable (forgot to mention the super comfy cozy beds) and enjoyable experience. Obrigada!

Room Tip: Second floor has the spacious balconies. Especially if you smoke, I would definitely request one if...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 10, 2012

No wonder Portugal shined bright at this year’s World Travel Awards. The residents, welcoming guests to their lovely capital Lisbon, have all been exceptionally friendly.
With friendliness and providing excellent customer service by going the extra mile; Altis Avenida Hotel’s front office team has exceeded my expectations. After having difficulties with my booking (3rd party) this team including Ms. Julia helped me sorting out the issues not only with professionalism, but also very personalized service.
This hotel is blessed with great staff and their positive attitude towards guests shows what amazing team work and communication skills they have within their team.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo