“My favorite dining experience in Lisbon. Truly wonderful.” 5 of 5 stars

Enoteca de Belem
Ranked #33 of 3,610 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Portuguese, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Belem
Description: The "Enoteca de Belém" - Wine Bar, a place dedicated to experimentation and to be a meeting place, for people and flavours, in an artistic and cultural atmosphere inherent to the Travessa da Ermida project and its spaces, puts the bet on the promotion of the national wine and gastronomic culture. Service is discreet, professional and full of knowledge.
Los Angeles, CA
“My favorite dining experience in Lisbon. Truly wonderful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

And I thought I was only stopping in for a port. :) Their service was attentive and friendly so when they offered a dinner menu, thought I'd at least take a gander. They have a wonderful chef who creates Portugese dishes with an eclectic modern approach. The dishes are as visually appealing and artfully crafted as they are delicious. I am so glad I stayed. Reasonably priced and a nice vibe as well. A delightful experience all around.

1 Thank freespirit34

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Fantasy experience come to life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

A colleague and I visiting Portugal just returned from lunch at this little gem, and I couldn't wait to rave about it. I have entertained fantasies about casual afternoons in cozy restaurants in laid back, quaint corners of Europe. My fantasy is now fulfilled. The setting is a small side street in a very quaint part of Lisbon. Service is professional but not rushed. We were given ample time to examine the menu and ordered a goat cheese pastry appetizer with two traditional fish dishes. The waiter asked if we would like wine, and informed us that any glass was EUR4, and he would let us try something, and if we didn't like it, we could try something else. He made some recommendations and we tried one or two until we found one we each liked. Excellent command of the inventory.
We were then brought appetizers of olives, fresh bread, fresh butter, thick olive oil, and a complimentary cheese and jam on a cracker - all delicious. The goat cheese pastry with sweet chilies was served on a bed of arugula - very tasty. Then the fish came. One dish, Bacalhau, is cod served on shredded potatoes and onions mixed with egg. The other dish, scabbard fish, came on a puree of polenta and coriander. Both were outstanding in flavor and freshness. After dinner we were served complimentary port, which we sipped as we sampled the delicious mint chocolate mousse. We left utterly satisfied.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jeff P
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect FoodPerfect WinehouseBest service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Best service
Location is very good
Perfect Food
Perfect Winehouse
Best service I certify that this review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this restaurant, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment, and have not been offered any incentive or payment originating from the establishment to write this review.

1 Thank Tegnik
belgium
“À true secret in belem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We really liked this enoteca in a narrow street near the monasterio. Delicious prepared fish,we tasted them all ! Wine per glass 4 euro or 20 euro for all bottles who are showed. Very special selection ! Secret place in lisbon. Share it with your friends!

1 Thank smos
Comox, Canada
“What an Amazing Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We enjoyed a fantastic meal here tonight. From the time of our arrival until our reluctant departure three hours later, we were treated to a fabulous meal. The two gentlemen serving us were entertaining and professional. They helpfully paired dishes with amazing Portugese wines and Ports. Whenever we think of Belem we'll always think of Enoteca.

• Visited October 2012