“Poor Service”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed December 26, 2012

One friend told me that is one of the oldest Restaurant in Lisbon, typical and good. The service is poor, they are there to make money, nothing more. I went with some foreigner friends, we order one codfish Zé do Pipo Style ( with smashed potatoes, maionese and onions), Pork Alentejana Style with clams and grill squid. All the portions where ok, not a gourmet but ok, there were a lot of locals, is a good sign but the the poor service is something that i really dont appreciatte, i work in the industry aswell and it is very important, is not only the food.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We chose this as a traditional Portugese restaurant and it has some atmosphere with a tiled picture on the wall inside and a barel shaped ceiling. My daughter had Marlin (chose swordfish but not available ) and a really good sized piece arrived well cooked and quite tasty albeit with boiled vegetables. I tried pork Portugese style which was ok but had some quite chewy meat and a slight vinegar flavour to it. While we were waiting to order the waiter brought three small fishcakes (deep fried, slightly oily, I have had much better) which I assumed were amuse gueule but were an unwelcome addition to our bill.Service was quite good and there were some Portugese people as customers (normally a good sign ) but I think you will find some better options than here.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Perfect place to have a traditional bacalhau, the only down side is that it opens for lunch and dinner, it's closed during the day.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

It was a great restaurant a few month ago (I have visited it in January 2012). But in July 2012 everything completely changed. Poor food, short menu, small portions, enormous bill, sassy waiters.
I want my wife to take pleasure of Portuges cuisine but completely failed with the choice of this restaurant.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We ordered "bacalhau na brasa" (grilled cod) and bacalhau cozido (boiled cod). Both it was with no taste, and no good presentation. If you are looking a place to have a good Bacalhau in Lisbon, this it is not the right place.