“Home Away from Home”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
cauteleiro [Desktop Resolution].JPG
elevador [Desktop Resolution].JPG
Exterior1 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
layout
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Nancy R
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in June 2018

Wonderful 2 bedroom apartment in the heart of the Chiado section of Lisbon, on a side street. There was someone there to greet us when we arrived ( even with a traffic jam that delayed us) and when we left. There was even a complimentary bottle of wine waiting. The place felt like home, stocked with everything you would need. The kitchen was well equipped, including some appliances I don’t even have at home. I especially loved the expresso machine with pods. As a family of 4, we found this apartment to be very spacious. We enjoyed the balcony windows that gave us a street view. The location was ideal: 10 minute walk to a mall with a food court, 7 minute walk to the Baixa-Chaido Metro Station, 5 minute walk to Alcantara Park that has a great city view, and in the heart of restaurants and night life. There was a small convenience type store at the end of our street. The parking space was great. However, directions on how to return to the apartment would have been useful. Silverio and Mario spoke great English and very hospitable. I would definitely recommend this apartment!!!

Jun 26, 2018
Thank you for such a great and detailed review Nancy! A pleasure hosting you. Mario
Rachel T
New York City, New York
“Comfortable apartment in a great location”
Reviewed January 1, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

The apartment had everything we needed -- space for our things in the bedroom and kitchen, a good table for meals, a place to relax in the living room, and an extra room where we set up our laptop. The location couldn't be better. It's near all kinds of transportation, and right in the middle of lots of Lisbon places one wants to go to. We walked almost everywhere (Gulbenkian Museum, Castelo Sao Jorge, even Belem) as well as took buses and trains. It was an easy walk to the Saturday organic farmers market, which was a real treat, especially having a good kitchen to prepare food. Mario was immediately responsive and helpful.

Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for the great and detailed review Rachel! A pleasure hosting you. Mario
x x
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“excellent *****”
Reviewed November 7, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

My husband & I stopped here on a trip to Lisbon from UK.
The apartment was local, clean,light & airy, fitted with all modern amenities
Close to lots of very nice cafes & restaurants.
If visiting Lisbon again would definitely book this again, thank you for a very
pleasant stay.

Nov 7, 2017
Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and you are welcome back anytime. Mario
KCosway
Heywood, United Kingdom
“Great stay in Lisbon!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

If you are looking for an apartment in Lisbon I would recommend this one.
We found it to be in a great location to explore the city and very close to the train station to travel outside of Lisbon.
The apartment was clean, well maintained and Mario was very helpful in answering our questions.

Jul 15, 2017
Thanks Katie, I am glad you had a good time. Dang! From your comment I would thought of 5 stars! Mario
Murray Y
Palm Springs, California
“Experience Lisbon like a local”
Reviewed January 5, 2016 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

I loved this place! It was perfect for me but I admit it is not for everyone. First, why was it perfect for me? Fadoflats is a group of apartment rentals that reflect the character of modern and antiquarian Lisbon. These are not flats that look like someone's extra-income rental. I got to see 3 different apartments in the Chiado district besides the one in which I stayed. These are places that look and feel like you are actually living in the home of a Portuguese professional. Each home is distinctive with personally chosen contemporary Portuguese art , antiques or international motifs. Each flat is different and in different location. I loved going to the local markets, bakeries and wine stores and preparing simple inexpensive meals with fresh and delicious Portuguese ingredients. We usually ate out once a day at a nearby restaurant. Now, why would some travelers not like this place? It seems many tourists just want a glimpse of a city without ever really getting involved in the daily routines of the local residents. They seek the amenities and isolation of a hotel and could care less about experiencing the colors, aromas and challenges of a local resident.. So for me, I can't wait to return to Lisbon to bring home baskets of fresh bread, sensational local wines, amazing sausage and extraordinary cheese. When I sit down to dine I will be in a Portuguese home that for a few moments is my own.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I felt like I was a local.
Liked least: I couldn't stay longer.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jan 6, 2016
Thanks a lot for the great and detailed review. Really interesting you got our goal: apartments that look like home (not aparthotel type where you get a code to get in and all flats are alike) but with all the amenities, decor and quality you expect in a vacation service.
Soon again? Mario
Lynsey822...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Well located city centre apartment”
Reviewed July 23, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

I stayed here with my boyfriend and 2 friends. We found the apartment very modern, clean and well equipped. It is in a very central location so was very convenient for seeing all the sights, and even though it was in the city centre we had no problems with noise at all. The staff at Fado were very helpful and informative.

Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Jul 24, 2015
Thank you Lynn, I ma glad you had a good time. When we say location is unbeatable... it is unbeatable! Mario
3happytra...
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Good time had by all”
Reviewed April 25, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Thank you for renting us this lovely flat. It gave us an ideal base to investigate Lisbon this beautiful city. This was my first trip. Thank you for all the recommendations, getting around, No 28 tram, restaurants places of interest etc. The apartment really suited our group one couple and a friend. The property is lovingly equipped and decorated and feels like a home away from home. The kitchen has everything you could conceivably need. We had only 3days/2nights but would have loved to stay longer.
Only downside-the lounge smells of smoke. Its fantastic that the property comes with parking but watch the access to the lower level it is difficult to find and very narrow!
Until the next time...Lesley, Lancashire, England

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location was fantastic right in the middle of the old town
Liked least: The smell of cigarette smoke in the lounge
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Apr 26, 2015
Thank you, I am glad you had a good time and enjoyed the flat. First time a guest mentions smell of smoke in the entrance lounge of the building, but it is a residential building, I cannot tell neighbors not to smoke in their own homes! Mario
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing