“Inspira Santa Marta, Lisbon”

Inspira Santa Marta Hotel
Ranked #32 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Colchester
“Inspira Santa Marta, Lisbon”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here recently for 6 nights and were thoroughly impressed. The hotel is in a fantastic location, just off the Avenida Liberdade so you're not bothered by all the traffic noise on the main avenue. You can easily walk into Lisbon centre or there are two metro stops nearby. The design of it definitely has the 'wow' factor. The facade of the old building at the front remains however inside is totally refurbed. The free wifi always worked which is a big plus.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly happy to help in any way they could. The food at the restaurant was tasty and there are plenty of vegetarian options. Breakfast is a buffet. We hadn't booked this with the room but when we arrived they offered us a deal $15 per day for both of us which was excellent value.

The room was very clean with plenty of space and a walk in shower. There are also spa facilities. We never saw anyone else using the gym, sauna or steam room and had this to ourselves. I also booked in for a massage which was well worth it.

Overall this is a fantastic hotel and thoroughly recommended! We would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Inspira1, General Manager at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear "bahhumbugessexgirl"

Thank you for your great feedback. We are delighted you were impressed with the hotel and thank you for your recommendation!

Hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Nick Roucos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

The minute we walked in it wowed us the spectacular design. Very modern and contemporary.
They have few staff working so for 1 week staying there you feel homey with familiar faces. They are all so helpful and great

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank DuttiQ8
Dear "DuttiQ8"
Thank you for your comments further to your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and the "homey and familiar" faces of our team.
We hope to be able to welcome you back some day!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I recently took my girlfriend here for a surprise birthday trip (seems to be a popular idea judging by previous reviews!) and it did not disappoint. The design of our room was truly breathtaking, as was that of the hotel in general. The staff were extremely helpful, the amenities such as the spa, gym, restaurant, bar and breakfast were also outstanding and the location of the hotel was fantastic for exploring the city. Above all though, it was great value for money and I would not hesitate in staying there again or in recommending it to anyone visiting Lisbon.

Room Tip: They have a variety of different themes for their rooms so it is very much down to personal taste on...
Dear "The_Fool_on_Th..."
Thank you so much for the great feedback! It is so gratifying for us to receive such comments and it is our customers' comments that give us the inspiration to continue providing those standards of service.
Thank you once again.
Best Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My boyfriend brought me here as a surprise for my birthday. I was pretty dubious as I'm very fussy about where I stay and I've always booked our accommodation. As the taxi turned onto the street, My first impression was 'don't stop here!!' But. When I entered the reception I was instantly relieved and when I saw our room I was really happy. I loved the layout, super clean, modern, no clutter or frilly bits.

I see what people have said about the shower and sure it can probably be a bit messy with that strange drainage style and you definitely do not want to share a room with someone you don't know well because there is no privacy in the shower. But I liked it. For obvious reasons :)

The reception staff were really helpful and one spoke french as well as english. Breakfast was nice but I preferred to eat outdoors at the local places.

I would definitely stay there again.

Oh, and the bar was well stocked.

• Stayed June 2012
Santa_Marta_Hotel, Gerente de relações com clientes at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear "Kaelou",
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel. We're glad to read that your first impression turned out a nice surprise as you stepped in, yes,
your boyfriend had defenitely made the right choice :-)
We hope to welcome you again soon !
Kind regards,
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Very well located (minutes to the main parts of Lisboa we went to visit) and easy to get to and from - trendy-ish hotel but got to admit I was disappointed to get into the room. It was a bit drab and poorly designed - sustainability to a fault. The shower base was either broken or so sustainable we could have lifted it up and it made some noise when we used it. Staff were friendly enough - breakfast was great. Free internet won points.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrJAClark
Inspira1, General Manager at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear "MrJAClark"

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to read your comments regarding the design of the room. We are currently reinforcing the shower bases in some rooms to ensure they do not lift.
Thank you for your comments regarding staff and breakfast and internet - those were very encouraging.

Best Regards,
Nick Roucos.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed October 18, 2012

First of all - I wouldn't going back to this hotel again. At first sight it doesn't give the impression of being anything special, once inside it's really nice - modern and welcoming.

The staff are very helpful and friendly - we could even have breakfast before 7 a.m. when we asked.

Another thing that struck me was that everything smelled very good when I came back home - must have been something in the air! I guess the SPA has some impact on this ... The SPA is by the way very nice even if I don't like when the treatment ends with a suggestion to buy a very expensive (Décleor) product.

When you are hungry, just step outside the doors and choose any restaurant. We were happy with service and quality of meals everywhere. If you would like to do some shopping, just follow the road to the left outside the hotel, walk for 10-15 minutes and you are "downtown". The way to walk there is very, very Lisbonish!

The only negative about this hotel is that they have tried to be way too modern. There are a lot of choices just to turn the lights on. A panel with 4-5 buttons and you are always making the wrong choice.

I hope to get back to Lisbon soon. I will stay at this hotel then!

Room Tip: I had a room at third floor and it was very good! Some of my colleagues were complaining about hard...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SandraMencucci, Gerente de relações com clientes at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear "Jolika",
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel. We're glad that you enjoyed our property once stepping in !
We hope to welcome you again soon.
Best regards,
London
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for four nights in October. Was unfortunatley unable to check in early however, the hotel were very accommodating and allowed us to store out luggage until the rooms were ready.

Rooms are very comfortable and modern, the only thing which was particularly striking was the see through shower!! Fine for comfortable couples, but would not like to stay here with a friend. Nice to have tea making facilities and complementary mini bar.

Great location, along a back street with some good local restaurants. Ate lunch in a fish restaurant nearby which was delicious and very reasonably priced.

Would I come back? Probably.

Dear "Dannika O",
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel.
We're glad to read your overall satisfaction. We understand that the see-through shower is not of the liking of everyone nevertheless we have rooms with opaque painel to suit every one preference.
Thank you again, we hope to welcome you again in the future !
Best regards,