“Great food and service - a few kinks to work out - pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 100 Maneiras

100 Maneiras
Reserve with
100 Maneiras is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 4,053 Restaurants in Lisbon
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
San Diego, California
“Great food and service - a few kinks to work out - pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Started on a sour note where we arrived at our reservation time (10:30) and were placed in a tiny (3x5) waiting area by the door that is curtained off from the restaurant and told to wait. No problem, but the area is so tiny the door kept getting opened up and smacking my dining companion. Here's a thought - put a bench outside with a heat lamp and offer a glass of wine as you wait.

Inside of charming and the staff was very friendly. The food was really outstanding and each course was a joy - especially the truffle oil shrimp. The display was as magnificent as the flavor.

So why not 5 stars you ask? I will tell you. Some key info was lacking that made the bill size a bit of a surprise when it shouldn't be. The tasting menu is offered at 45 Euro. No problem. Upon seating, the server asked me whether I wanted to do the wine pairings or just order wine off the menu. There was no explanation about what was included as far as number of glasses and the price was never revealed. My bad, I should have asked but just didn't want to seem crass. I figured it was $20/25 based on the cost of the meal and the price of bottles.

Fast forward to the end of the meal when after an amazing meal and lots of laughs and banter, the server/owner said you MUST try some port or Cognac. OK - figured it was part of the tasting and everything else was so delicious we said, of course.

Last course was the check and it was 190 euro for two of us. That is where it was revealed that the wine pairing was $35 euro per person and the port we tasted at the end was not included and was $11/glass. Add to that charges for water and bread and you get $190 before tip.

Would I go back again? Yes! Would I do the wine pairing again, I think so. They certainly kept the glasses full and I enjoyed learning about the wines.

The point is that the customer should know the cost of things without having to ask and if something is not included in the wine pairing (such as the port) the server/owner should mention it in case it impacts your decision.

I hope the owner reads this and gives this info to future diners. If not, you got it from me. Enjoy this truly special meal and place - just know what the enjoyment will cost you before you decide.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank MSGinSD

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Just divine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We visited this restaurant on our last night in Lisbon on the advice of our Time Out Guide.
It was exceptional, the food, wine pairing (we went for classic not premium), staff and decor were faultless.
They took my food allergies into account despite it being a set tasting menu, and were just the right amount of attentive.
Highly recommend.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“One of the best meals ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We just ate at Restaurante 100 Maneira and it was fabulous. A 7 or 8 course meal (we didn't count) with wine pairings...it was excellent. The staff was knowledgeable, service was perfect, food was heavenly. Small courses. You didn't leave stuffed to the gills, just perfectly satisfied. If they changed the menu daily or weekly, we would have made a res for our last night. If you're in Lisbon, make a reservation. You won't regret it. First course picture, codfish clothesline.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ladycheetah
“Exelent food quality and presentation, although I think te portions where way too small.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Great ambiance and service. The food was excellent and the price was OK. Portions could be slightly bigger, we got worried that we would be hungry at the end of the night. That did t happened but we weren't full either. Great experience, but if you are hungry, maybe you should come another time.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is not a cheap date, but it was one of the best meals I've had anywhere - not just in Lisbon. The food was beautifully presented and prepared. Small portions, but after 9 courses my fiance and I were comfortably full. The sous-vide veal with apple risotto was a stand out for me, but each dish could stand on its own merits. The staff was great and very well informed about the food. They even brought some raw ingredients from the kitchen when we mentioned we weren't familiar, as well as an extra portion of a sauce just because we said how much we enjoyed it. The sommelier was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain each selection in detail. His pairings were all spot-on and we learned a great deal about Portuguese wines and regions. I find meals of this caliber tend to come with plenty of pretentiousness, which was not at all the case here. This is a great restaurant filled with class and well-deserved pride in what they do. Can't speak highly enough about 100 Maneiras. After dinner take a stroll around the corner for a great view of the city.

1 Thank Jake B