“Good food and friendly service.”
Review of Gandhi Palace

Gandhi Palace
Reserve with
Gandhi Palace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 4,304 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Ate here in the evening of Christmas day as most places were closed. Enjoyed a nice lamb jalfrezi
with rice and fresh naan bread. Would recommend trying this place.

1  Thank korro
There are newer reviews for Gandhi Palace

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nothing special but good basic food with reasonable prices. Service was nice. They have indian menu and italian menu, so choosing can be quite a challence. There is so much to choose from. Not a bad thing, though.

2  Thank ErkkoH
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I eat Indian when we are in Western Europe because she's a (fish-eating) vegetarian and I like to have some vegetables with my meat. We also like to have some flavour in our food. We went into this restaurant (the first time) because it was raining and the place was convenient; how fortunate! The service was excellent but the food was superb! I decided to have grilled prawn Jalfrezzi. I cannot describe the glorious flavours; spicy but not hot. My wife had fish Madras and felt it was the best meal we'd had in Lisbon. We returned the next night and she asked for a vegetable Jalfrezzi (which wasn't on the menu - they did it especially for her) which she felt was even better than the Madras. Though I was sorely tempted to have a repeat of the previous night's meal I decided to try the prawn Karahi which turned out to be as lovely as the Jalfrezzi. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough! The restaurant was busy and a good number of the customers appeared to be locals (always a good sign!).

1  Thank Mieczyslaw K
Reviewed October 3, 2012

MUITO BOM!! Very delicious lamb entrees and the staff was very friendly & accomodating. We ended up coming back during our short 5 day trip because we enjoyed the food and atmosphere so much. We tried 2 lamb dishes - Korma and another spiced with curry and coconut. Both times we shared an entree and ordered 2 apps and had plenty of food- generous portions. Veggie samosas are delish, so are the garlic naan, raita, and the indian chai w/milk was an amazing finish. To top it off our waiter was friendly and funny (thank you Beni !!) Would highly recommend this place!!

1  Thank Searae13
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Gandhi Palace is situated in a popular tourist area with lots of restaurants catering for any taste. Gandhi offers both Indian and Italian food, a smart combination to serve more customers. At the entrance you see a display of colourful Indian spices, but there’s no smell typical in Indian restaurants, not that strong, at least. The menu is overloaded, more than 550 items! And some of them are practically identical, i.e. chef’s salad and mix salad, with only one extra ingredient – cheese. Yet, the order was served promptly. Tandoori bread was very good, crispy, accompanied by a variety of Chutneys. The rest seemed less special: beef curry and mix tandoori, containing chicken, lamb, prawns and something else. As for tortellini I wanted so much, they were tasteless. Yet, the prices are reasonable enough.

2  Thank Irina M