“Location and price are the winners!”

Turim Restauradores Hotel
Ranked #122 of 254 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. From some of the reviews I read for this place here on tripadvisor and the price I booked it for I was expecting something really bad! The reception was nice and welcoming as were the staff. The room was the best part, bed was comfortable, shower/bathroom were very clean and modern, it must have been recently refurbished? Didn't have any problem with noise from the outside. The air conditioning didn't seem to work one of the nights but I slept just fine with the window open. The bar/restaurant was nice, had a drink here before I went out on Friday and Saturday. Didn't try the food for dinner or lunch. My friend I was travelling with said the breakfast was only okay but for the price we paid he didn't expect anything special. I would definitely stay here if I was visiting Lisbon again although only at the same price (About €50 pp for 2 nights)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank A1K3
There are newer reviews for Turim Restauradores Hotel

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I spent two nights in this hotel. Location is just great. I got a room on a top floor with a very nice view over the city and castle. Room (on the small side) was clean and recently refurbished. Bathroom was really tiny though, I couldn't believe it's size - it was maybe 2 sq m big. The biggest disappointment was breakfast. It was almost non existent. No full English breakfast, not even a croissant. Artificial thing named juice and coffee (from a coffee machine) which was even worse (it tasted like cheap instant coffee). Reception staff was acting professional, however they lacked friendliness.

Room Tip: Forget about any breakfast in this hotel.Ask for a room on a top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Joshua W
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The location of this hotel is great. You walk out the main entrance and a few feet to the right is Elevador da Gloria which takes you up to where the nightlife scene is at. If you walk to the right towards Elevador and then take a left down to main road you are on Avenida da Liberdade which is pretty much the center of the city. If you don't mind walking then everything is just a short few minutes away. Once on Avenida da Liberdade across the street from Elevador da Gloria is the Metro station and across the way you will also see Hard Rock Cafe. If you go towards Hard Rock Cafe and walk down the alley way street to the end and take a right you will be a street full of cafes and restaturants. One thing about Lisbon is that you won't go hungry because there is a place to go that is open. However if you are on a budget I suggest the Cervejarias (Bar Cafes) their pricing is affordable and you sometimes get a descent amount of food that would cost you a whole lot. If you need self service laundry one is available in the area near the hotel, to get there its about a 5-10 minute walk to Lavandaria Lava Neve. Walk out the main hotel entrance and go left all the way to the end of the road, once at the end take a left and the laundry place is on a street that angles to the right. Cost maybe a bit high but its better than paying the same price for single items and you have clean clothes. The lady that owns and works there is very nice and friendly.

I booked this hotel through www.tingo.com and received cash back because the rate had lowered since I made the reservation. I chose this hotel because I wanted to stay at a hotel but not pay an arm and leg. Based off reviews I have seen on here I was a but skeptical however once I entered my room I was surprised at what I seen. Its possible that since the time of everyone Else's reviews that the hotel was under renovation. Security seemed pretty good with no complaints. There were few nights I went into hotel late and seen nothing out of the ordinary. Overall for a not so expensive hotel I was satisfied.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd Floor or Piso 2 seem to be more modernized. Not sure about all other floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mikey808st8
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great location. Yes. Also a bench in front of Santini/Chiado is a great location. It doesn't mean you wanna go for it.
a)if you book on booking.com they scam you. They put all customers on this awful and dirty corner room with no windows. When you run to the reception and beg them to change room they charge you extra €10 per person per day. Check reviews on Booking.com. They do this trick with everybody. Moral: the hotel is overpriced to be such a s***hole.
b)breakfast: they buy bread once a month and serve it for a whole month. That's my theory. Stay away from juices too.
c)staff is incredibly unhelpful (they almost yell at you when you ask them question-doesn't matter if you speak portuguese or you are with a local).
d) cleaning ladies: well. Peculiar things has happened (tv mysteriously turned on, things changing place, broken glasses). Keep your luggage locked.
e) the place is quite squallid and is divided in two parts: the corridor for human beings and the part for the slaves or the poor people. seriously.To go to the nice part you have to pass through a filthy dark corridor (I was more than once afraid of finding a prostitute smoking on the door of her corner bedroom with no windows, lurking me in).
The second room they put us in was quite nice, but for that price I could have stayed in a 4 star hotel.
My suggestion is: book months in advance and get a cheap and clean and trendy double room in the Rossio Hostel, just above the train station (central and safe).
If you just want a place to sleep but are afraid of hostel, go ahead and waste money on this, but if you are a couple loving each other stay away from this squallor. If you have children just don't make them eat breakfast (or you'll have to spend the day in the toilet with them). If you are a germ freak or like 'really clean things': ahahah, forget it.
Nice matress, tho.

Room Tip: don't book on booking.com
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

This does not reflect the true about the hotel. The building is being refurbished and major of its areas are already done. We just and may consider a malicious mind writing such type of comments and just from someone having in mind to prejudice the hotel name.
The hotel management regret such type of people staying in hotels.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Booked through easy jet which may have something to do with the response. We arrived in early May for a 7 Night stay. It was cool on our first day and therefore the fact that the air-conditioning didn't work wasn't too important. The first night when taking a shower the shower tray overflowed flooding the bathroom. Got worse after wife cut her hand on the shower drain cover trying to rectify the problem. Inspection found cover to have been broken probably by some else hitting it in frustration. Reported fault in morning - next night same story with flood. Reported fault again next day - finally fixed too a degree. It drained better but it still would overflow if you ran the shower at full pelt - lived with this for rest of stay. AC didn't work throughout our stay. Day time temperatures were above 30c on 6 of our 7 days stay. Complained many times to reception regarding no AC all to no avail. At first the hotel said that they wouldn't turn on the AC before June (its a central AC system). Then on the third day they said it was going to get cold the following day(it didn't it got even hotter) so not to worry. Then on the forth day they said we didn't know how to set the room controls (not true). Then on the fifth day a maid finally admitted the AC wasn't working on our floor. Opening the window didn't help either as the Hotel's central location and our room's location meant it was very noisy especially as their was a music festival of some kind going on at Rossio square nearby. It was simply terrible and not to be recommended - and by the way - wife is Portuguese so there wasn't any communication issues. The Hotel just lied and lied and lied.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank steve-n-tonia
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Our room was excellent, modern with comfortable beds and quite luxurious bathroom. The staff were pleasant and hotel generally very good. The breakfast was extremely limited and let down an otherwise very enjoyeable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night when we were sight seeing in Lisbon. It is very well located, close to all kinds of transportation, restaurants and sightseeing. We walked to the hotel from the train station (we came by train from Cascais where we spent the rest of our vacation), and took in a few sights along the way. It was a very easy and lovely walk.
We booked a "superior room". It was only a few dollars more, and considering some of the reviews we read, we thought it would be a good idea. The room was newly renovated, modern, clean, but very small. The breakfast was not good at all, and I would suggest skipping it and going to one of the nice cafes down the street. The Elevador da Gloria is just around the corner, and will take you up the hill to Barrio Alto area. Just be aware of pickpockets hanging out near the lineup. All in all, for a jumping off point for sightseeing in Lisbon it's a great spot. But if we were going to stay in Lisbon for much longer, we'd look for a place with more spacious rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a "superior" room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple