“Cozy, charming apartment in a great location of...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Looking south from the terrace, over the Baixa, to the Tejo River
Bilros style headboard
Main floor bathroom
Cookbooks in the kitchen
One last look at the views from the house...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
MissWords...
San Francisco, CA
“Cozy, charming apartment in a great location of Lisbon”
Reviewed October 28, 2011 for a stay in October 2011
person found this review helpful

I can’t rave enough about Casa Villa Serra or Jordan, Deb and their son, Drex. And yes, they’re as much a part of my Lisbon experience as the apartment they rent out to visitors. Clearly the TripAdvisor reviews don’t lie because we experienced the same warmth and helpfulness that we’d read all about. Jordan greeted us on the corner where the cab dropped us off (it’s almost impossible to park near the apartment as it’s located off the main street) and he was a true gentlemen; taking the ladies’ luggage and not wanting us to lift a finger as we walked a bit to the apartment. After getting situated for a bit, he then took us on a neighborhood tour (which you pretty much need because Lisbon is hilly and winding and you can easily get out of sorts with which way is up, down, left or right). He shared his restaurant opinions and overall city opinions so we felt armed and ready when we got up the next morning. When one of us mentioned a 2 year old would be eventually staying there, he was quick to grab the baby gate for the 3rd floor where the kitchen is as it could have presented a problem.

We eventually met Deb and Drex and, really, the three of them are just an incredible family who go above and beyond to make sure their guests are comfortable while in Lisbon. We loved the apartment and its third floor deck overlooking the city. Each of the bedrooms was cozy and offered plenty of space to unpack properly (the upstairs bedroom is a sizable amount smaller than the 2 downstairs rooms, however, the closet has plenty of room to organize your suitcase's contents). The kitchen was lovely. While we didn’t cook, we did keep snacks up there and enjoyed its open layout just off the deck. Speaking of kitchen; Jordan had shopped for us and so we showed up to fresh bread, a bowl of fruit, and more, just to get us started. The living room is ultra modern with a large flat screen TV small laptop for guests and they even left us a local cell phone to use.

I highly recommend staying in one of their properties when visiting Lisbon. Even though you may only meet them once, they’ll make you feel like family for that short period of time during your stay in Lisbon. And if you're a dog person, they have the sweetest Portuguese Water Dog who will make you feel just as special as they do.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location was great
Liked least: Small shower on the second (main) floor
Traveling group: With Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Germany
Reviewed September 21, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
michael19...
Cleveland, Ohio
“Clean, comfortable & perfect in every way”
Reviewed June 5, 2011 for a stay in June 2011
people found this review helpful

Casa Villa Serra was the fourth and last apartment my family of four stayed in during our incredible 3 week vacation to Portugal. It was by far the cleanest, most comfortable, most remodeled and luxurious home of our trip. As mentioned by others Jordan was a wonderful owner. He met us upon arrival and gave us a tour of the neighborhood. I loved all the little in-the-know suggestions about restaurants and merchants he pointed out during our walk. The apartment was spectacular. His wife Deb geniously moved the remodeled kitchen to the top floor and it opens onto a generous patio that extends out to view the city below. I could see Rossio all the way down Rua Augusta to the Tagus River--an unbelievable view. The TV was huge and we enjoyed the AC in the living room after a hot afternoon hiking up the hill back to the apartment (apparently there is a tram to take you up the hill but we walked to burn off some of the calories from all the great food we ate!). Highly recommend the peri-peri chicken restaruant (Jordan will point it out). I fell in love with the cold snail appetizers with a beer mid-day. It seems most restaurants just put them on the table when you sit down --or olives or cheese, meats and bread (which if you choose to sample you will be charged for but it is all reasonably priced and you can also simply decline). We took a ferry across the Tagus and ate seafood dinner at Solar Beirao. I had the prawns and snails which were amazing. The dover sole was also excellent. Skip dessert and stop at one of the many ice cream shops on the walk back home--Hagen Daz near the baixa-chiado metro stop was my favorite. If i ever come back to Lisbon would look no where else to stay.

Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
UK
Reviewed April 12, 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing