“right in the center,good value!!”
Review of Hotel Gat Rossio

Hotel Gat Rossio
Ranked #94 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This nice little hotel is close to the metro station and walking distance from "downtown". It's clean, good breakfast which you can take on the lovely terrasse, furthermore the employees are very kind and the hotel is originally furnitured :) The only "small negative" thing is that the in the single rooms the bed was a little bit to small! You can also booked a double one :))

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank dtshura
Alexandra M, Manager at Hotel Gat Rossio, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear dtshura,

Thank you for your comments. Your satisfaction is our happiness.

Best regards....

miauuuuu

Write a ReviewReviews (1,271)

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Gat Rossio for 4 nights. I liked the design of the hotel (white, black and green) and the staff members were helpful and friendly. The size and quality of the rooms varied - the room I first got was small and faced the street (thus noisy but this was how Lisbon should be!) - I was able to change the room easily, and the room I got on the next day was decent in size (but its bathroom was very small) and quiet. Several colleagues of mine who stayed in the same hotel told me different sorts of stories about their rooms, so each room got pros and cons. I found this variation positive, as I did not see any taste in large hotels that got the same style of room without indivisual characters. Breakfast was ok, but not outstanding. But I knew that breakfast was not so important in Portuguese culture. The hotel was conveniently located in Rossio - a perfect location for exploring Lisbon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank anonymous-visitor
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We've stayed in Hotel Gat Rossio for 3 nights in March 2013. Location is excellent just in the center of the city. There is metro on the corner of the road. Rossio train station is very close. Rooms, sheets and towels were very clean. reception staff helped us whenever we need help.Breakfast is not great but sufficent. Beware that the rooms are small. I told to the reception staff that I was not happy because the washbasin was in the room, they told me this was true for single rooms, in double rooms it was in the bathroom. Regarding that our aim was to visit and explore the city and neighborhood it was a very good choise.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Hotel Gat Rossio for 4 nights (room 502) and then for 2 more nights (room 201) after returning from Porto.

Room 502 is on a high floor with a balcony facing the street. Room 201 also faces the street. There is no balcony but the bath room is more functional. There're shower curtain and plenty of space next to the sink where I can put my toiletries. It's a bit noisy because it's just 1 floor up the breakfast hall on the first floor. Not a problem for me though as I was usually too sound asleep to be disturbed.

The hotel is extremely centrally located. Just 3 minutes from the airport bus No 1 stops and the train station with trains to Sintra. A supermarket is just about 5 minutes away. The Rossio Square is just 3 minutes way.

The rooms I'd are on the small size but are nicely and simply designed. There's even a safety box. All the staff members were very friendly and willing to help and give transport directions and book the Sintra tour for me.

I guess I booked early and it's not yet the high season so a double room for 1 person only costed 65 euros per night. And breakfast was included and was a good way to start the day.

Maybe the only thing that I don't like is that the roooms were only available from 15:00. I'd to drop my suitcase and then walk around before going back to get my rooms. But I guess it's the usual way in Europe. Not like in Hong Kong where we can check in from 12:00.

Anyway I'd 2 nice stays there and would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here along with 3 other friends. The rooms were very clean, and all had a unique artistic vibe about them. The hotel was very funky and modern, and it's very well located. Unbeatable for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Excellent central location. But with Small, tiny rooms.
We spent 4 nights in Feb 2013. Poor room heating via A/C.
Very slow moving Room Cleaning Service.
They plan to enter to clean our room in 18:00 in the afternoon.
Non practical design for in the room furniture
does not allow you alternative solutions to place your cloths.
Breakfast is good. And the Service in Breakfast room is good.

Room Tip: Ask for heating , as in Lisboa ( as in Portugal ) most of the buildings does not have heating circui...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 6 nights. Hotel is at the real center of the city, metro is at 100m. Rooms are not really large but sufficiently for a couple with standard luggage. Breakfast is really nice and varied, with small cakes differing from one day to the next. Staff is nice and helpful. I recommend this hotel, for a week-end or for a week.

1  Thank neomatdam