All reviews living room common bathroom quiet street metro station walking distance computers facilities
Selected filters
Reviewed March 21, 2018

Fantastic hostel, people who work there are like family, so friendly and sweet! Location is fantastic - 5 minute walk from metro, close to everything, but it is on a quiet street - so it is not noisy at night. It has elevator, kitchen with dishes, living room,computers, storage area.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Shiado Hostel. Many beds many Rooms.

Few specialties. No Sockets at some Beds. Only One bathroom With two toilets and three showers. (Men)
For an Overnight stay its okay.

It is actually just a Big Flat with 8 rooms.
We stayed for One Night and woke up the whole rooms. Sorry.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

After reading some bad reviews before arriving I was bit scared. But now after spending three nights there I can say that it was the best hostel I've been to so far! It was clean and cozy. The location is perfect, close to Bairro Alto and it is in the centrum. The staff were nice and helpful as well. Breakfast is included, it is not much bur something. Would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank missyellowo
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Firstly, a big thank you to Isabella who made our stay a lot easier she was very helpful with everything. The hostel itself is beautiful, clean, quiet and has a relaxing ambience. Breakfast in the morning is nice. This hostel has all the amenities that you could possibly need. Very well located. Will definitely be back. Thanks again

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2017

Stayed in quite a few hostels in my time (and I like to pretend I'm older and wiser than I really am:) and was expecting great things when I read the reviews.
The hostel is on the third floor of apartments and when I arrived appeared clean and cosy. The staff are superb and couldn't help more. There's free snail pace wifi and some PC's too if you need them and there's even some free lockers (deposit required) which are also helpful. The lounge is a lovely touch too, very homely from home and the kitchen has everything required. There is no onsite bar, but you're pretty close to the bar area and it means the hostel is peaceful when needed.
The only reason I have scored the place as average is firstly due to the showers...and yes they really are poor in pressure and time (5-10 secs per press I'd guess). Everyone remarked on them and even the staff were fully aware. Unfortunately this is a major problem being in a hot country with many hills - you will sweat and want to wash! I'm not sure if this was just the males bathroom but I'd hazard a guess not. Secondly would be the breakfast, basically this involves cereal/milk, a roll with butter/cheese/jam, a glass of juice (although there is unlimited coffee which is a great touch) and a apple if required.
Question is would I stay again? Definitely, even with the shower issue the place is well situated, reasonably priced and the staff make it really worthwhile. Well done guys!

Room tip: 8 dorm was perfectly fine but there are better choices including private rooms
Date of stay: May 2017