We stayed at Casa do Bairro for two nights on our way to Sintra. I would rate this B&B a little above average. The building itself is tastefully decorated and is clean. Our room was comfortable and we were able to get a good night's sleep. We also found the managers to be very friendly and helpful.
On the negative side is the location. It is very difficult for taxi drivers to find. Also, I wouldn't consider the neighborhood to be the best. There is graffiti everywhere and the adjacent building is abandoned and collapsing. (There are steel girders surrounding the building so the falling walls will fall inward instead of on someone's head.) However, it is easy to get the trolley from there although you must be aware of pickpockets on that particular trolley. We were targeted twice on the same day by two different groups. Luckily we were able to thwart their efforts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shiadu Boutique Guesthouses started in 2007 and is a trademark for "refined" guesthouses, combining the provision of comfort and elegance with a customer service completely dedicated to each of its customers. The Casa do Bairro by Shaidu, only a 5-minute walk away from Chiado, Bairro Alto and the No. 28 Cable Car to Alfama, opened in the spring of 2009. It was in that major apartment complex, with its 11 double, triple and family-sized suites, that our first guests got a taste of our very characteristic Lisboan hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa do Bairro by Shiadu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Do Bairro Bed And Breakfast And Apartments
- Casa Do Bairro b&b And Apartments Hotel Lisbon