Tripadvisor
Lisbon
Post
Inbox
Search

“Bad quality and weird taste...”
Review of Poke House

Poke House
Ranked #1,596 of 5,803 Restaurants in Lisbon
Neighborhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Neighborhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't recommend this place at all. The ingredients have a really bad quality and they have a different taste. Also, I didn't feel very well after eating my poke bowl. I will never repeat.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed October 22, 2019

Kitted out in Hawaii stylings, including wooden surfboard and various fake greenery, Poke House offers a nice choose your own poke bowl selection and açaí bowls.

We had the latter and it was very good, served quickly and reasonably priced.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 22, 2019 via mobile

Great bowls good combos! Quick and clean, good tunes, good vibe. Fairly cheap, close to the Chiado square is a bonus.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 3, 2019

I went there last Friday to buy for 4 Poke bowls. What I experienced was disappointment...

To the owner of Poke House:
My husband went at 11.30am and the store wasn’t open yet but the poster says open at 12pm (although information on your Facebook said openings time is 11am (that wasn’t a big deal). My husband came back at 12.00pm, entered the door but was immediately told it wasn’t open yet by a dark muscular tattooed guy and he should come back after 10 minutes. That wasn’t a big issue because my husband had take forms for ordering poke bowl back to us. So we can read and choose. After 10 minutes my husband came back and was suprised to see there were already 3 women in the store. 1 ordering poke bowl and 2 of them were at the cashier to pay for their poke bowls... Still no big issue for us.

When it’s was my husband turn, he wanted to select a poke bowl for my youngest daughter. After the base and protein, one can choose 4 toppings. Because she is picky eater she doesn’t like a lot of the choices. She chose mango, edamame and wants double cucumber (total 4 toppings). The girl who helped my husband said it wasn’t a problem. But then the dark buffy tatoed guy (again] steps in and said it’s not possible because of the house rules and the owner doesn’t allow it. The combination of 4 toppings mango, edamame and double cucumber is possible if we pay extra. So what he means is that we pay for 5 toppings but get 4 toppings...
My husband didn’t want to pay extra so they made for my daughter 3 toppings and we had to pay for 4 toppings...

Is this really your house rules?

Or is it made up by the dark guy just because he feels like to do it or maybe he has some grudge against Asian people?

If the dark guy is the teamleader/manager of the store. You should consider to replace him for the girl or the other guy. They were very friendly and helpful.

Maybe you could do an undercover visit and check it.

Also for 2 of our other poke bowls we ordered quinoa and leaves as base but we get sushi rice instead. My husband didn’t check it when they handed over the take a way bag.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed November 30, 2018 via mobile

We stumbled on this Pole House on our way to a great chocolate store nearby, great fresh fish and flavor red sauces. Quite surprising how good it was with friendly service and clean bathrooms.

Date of visit: November 2018