“Perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 407 Specialty Lodging in Lisbon
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed there for a week and it was perfect! The rooms and the bathrooms are clean, the staff is very friendly en there is a great atmosphere! Nice breakfast and mama's dinner is highly recommended! Next time in Lisbon, I will stay there!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hi - our cricket team stayed at Home recently and found it to be absolutely superb. A great bar where we made lots of friends, terrific and helpful staff and very comfortable rooms. We were given a very warm welcome and a heartfelt goodbye, we would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room was on the street and wasn't noisy at all. Very good all round.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peter H
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Home is great! everyone is so warm and the place is really comfortable and nice,also i met a lot of fun people and had amazing time at the hostel and in Lisbon in general because its a wonderful city.i will visit for sure again and off course i will go again at Home to stay ;)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Welcome Home!! Clean hostel where a family style dinner is cooked by Moma each . Dinner is fabulous and should not be missed. I loved Lisbon and joined in the free walking tour. It wad very informative. Diana checked me in and became my bartender. Great wine for a euro a glass. Loved this place!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I spend a week end in this great hostel with two friends and we were really positively surprised! The rooms are very nice, everything is clean, staff is very helpful and kind, they organise guided tours to the city and also a nice bars tour. But what I loved the most is Mamma's dinner. An excellent home cooked meal that you can share with the other hostel's visitors.
I strongly recommend this hostel for those who are planning to visit Lisbon, it really feels like being at home!

Room Tip: Ask for a room next to the restroom, otherwise it can be very far from your room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This review is a year overdue, but that is how committed to this hostel I am -- I am finally writing this after an entire year of pining for Mamma's dinner and free laundry and warm people. (We don't really get any of those things in New York.) If I ever come back to Lisbon, I will stay here, even if I'm a billionaire. When I came here, they were renovating, so there were a few wires coming out of the ceiling and there was a man re-installing the Internet. Despite the construction, the staff were so nice and funny; it felt like I had known them for years. It is one of the best atmospheres, and it made up for any small inconveniences during the renovation. João was particularly helpful; he helped me book a discounted room at a sister/brother/somehow-related hostel in Porto, and also helped me with some computer things while the Internet was acting...weird. He's so great that I even learned how to do that thing over the A on my keyboard just now so I could write his name properly. Thank you, Home Lisbon! You are great at what you do. P.S. I think this is the only site that I can write a review on, since I didn't book through Hostelbookers or Hostelworld (I found the place from a girl that I had met on the train…), but if I could I would write reviews for Home everywhere. Also, since it's been a year, I think that renovations are probably complete.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I loved Home Hostel. It's really great value for money. The rooms and entire hostel in general had a very nice, warm decor. At dinner you can pay just €10 for a nice 3 course home cooked meal by "Mama." Going to Mama's dinner is a good way to meet other people at the hostel too, in addition to getting a cheap meal. I really loved the personal locker storage under the bunkbeds, which was big enough for me to put my entire big backpack and other stuff in. It was comfortable to be able to sort of unpack without worrying about leaving my stuff out (since it was all scattered within the storage locker). I stayed in the lower bunk and had a curtain, which I really liked.
The staff was definitely super super friendly! The bathrooms were really clean, as were the rooms. Great location. The free breakfast was amazing as well. It went beyond the basic bread & jam - there was also scrambled eggs and sausage!!! As well as an extensive selection of jams, nutella, different types of bread, juice, tea, coffee, milk, cereal, and some apples.

Truly a great hostel and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo