Travellers House
$278
Hotels.com
$186
  • Restaurant
TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel(Lisbon)
$184
Travelocity
Hotel Avenida Palace(Lisbon)
$285
Cancelon
All reviewsrua augustanightly eventsalfama tourchorizopub crawlevery eveningcommon areasdorm roomperfect hostelevery morningfree breakfastshared bathrooma great place to staybunk bedsno liftflights of stairslocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Staff were friendly, professional, and spoke English. I cannot say enough good things about the people who worked there. Breakfast was delicious and the daily activities captured the spirit of Lisbon. The rooms were spacious and clean, as were the washrooms and common areas. This was the perfect place to stay to experience Lisbon.

Room Tip: There is a kitchen and common area of the top floor, but the washroom and shower are smaller.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed at Travellers house in lisbon for 3 nights whilst travelling around spain and portugal. This is definitely one of the best hostels in europe! Although it is probably in the best spot in lisbon (being so close to everything!), that is not what makes this hostel so good - the staff here are awesome! They took the time to sit down with us and show us where to go and what to do, as well as writing it all down on a map. They also recommended some amazing places to eat and drink! The hostel also offers other activities and pub crawls every night. In our 3 days there, we went on a night time fado walking tour which included some drinks and stops at bars along the way, as well as joining in on a feast at the hostel where one of the staff cooked up some portuguese sausages. Everyone is so friendly and it was very easy to meet new people! After 3 days, I definitely did not want to leave! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I'm traveling Europe and have stayed at 10 hostel so far, and this is without doubt the best although also the most expensive. Arrived here 7.30 am after a sleepless night travelling from Malaga and wanted to store my bag while waiting for check in at 2 pm. The receptionist was very welcoming and showed us around, gave us access to wifi, common areas, kitchen and whatever we needed even though we weren't checked in for another 6 hours. The common areas are amazingly cosy, everything very clean and modern, with jazz music playing in the backround. There are lots of board games available, also tablets, tv and computers.

We bought breakfast for 3 euros without any problems, which consisted of egg, bacon and toast or panncakes cooked in front of you. Cereal, milk, coffee, tea, chocolate powder, jam, butter, honey etc also included. Coffee and tea for free all day. We cuddled up and got some rest before getting a glimt of the city.

The way the staff at Travellers house treated us on our arrival is something I've never experienced before. I felt like home from the very first moment and decided to rate this with top score before even seeing the dorm.

The location is nothing but perfection, in the heart of Lisbon close to shopping, pastry, food, sea, nightlife, metro and tram. I wouldn't wish for any other location than this.

Finally checked in to our 4 bed dorm and had lockers, safety, bed linen and towels for free. Comfty bed, better than other hostels in general. Laundry service available for 7 euros, totally awesome. Pub crawl, snacking etc are all payed when checking out, so you don't have to worry about that during your stay. Sadly leaving one day earlier than planned, but only because of the place beeing fully booked our last night, otherwise I'd definitely stay.

The only thing I could possibly complain about is that it wasn't possible to lock the door to the shower room and the toilets are in the same place, so If you are taking a shower, there might be a risk that you meet someone when leaving the shower reaching for the towel which you have to put on a hanger on the other side of the room. Not a big deal though.

I'm so happy I stayed here. It's not a perfect party hostel, but you will meet a lot of people and have a great time. I will be back if I get a chance!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed at the hostel in the 4 beds room and also in a double room with my wife. It is a high above average place, very cosy, the staff is amazingly friendly, offering activities, walks, golden tips for not falling into tourist traps and get to know the true Lisbon. Really, there is no Lisbon tourist book that can give better advice. Just talk to staff and you will be fine. Bathrooms and toilets were clean, wifi was working both in bedrooms and living room. Breakfast is nice and they offer free coffee during the day to help endure the tourist marathon. The location couldn´t be better, at walking distance from major Lisbon touristic attractions and to the metro if you are interested in going around a bit. I would definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: Guest extremely sensitive for sound can find the rooms facing the street a bit noisy. Generally you arrive back so tired you just fall asleep. So, if you generally struggle to sleep, try to ask for rooms not facing the street. I didn´t had any problems with that, though.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This was without a doubt the best hostel I've stayed at. Amazing hosts, yummy breakfasts and awesome events planned each night if you want to join.

We stayed in a private room which was really nice. The hostel is located right in the centre so it's close to everything as well. A good common area with free iPads for internet access as well as mac computers.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple