“Don't hesitate, stay here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Travellers House

Travellers House
Ranked #8 of 417 Specialty Lodging in Lisbon
Alta loma, CA
“Don't hesitate, stay here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I could not have stayed in a better place. The staff was extremely helpful, especially Gee who carried my bag up to the 4th floor for me! Breakfast was good, the location was convenient and centrally located, and the events held each night were a great way to get to know new people. I highly recommend the Sintra tour since they also take you to Boca da Roca and Cascais which you wouldnt get if you do it yourself on the train. My private room was really clean with my own safe and fan. I shared a private living room with only two other rooms. We had our own kitchen and a separate bathroom and shower. I was fairly new to hostels during my stay but other seasoned travellers assured me this was the best they had ever stayed at. You won't be disappointed in booking Travellers Hostel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank qkslvr0305

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I would highly recommend staying at Travellers House & I am not usually the biggest fan of hostels!
My friend & I stayed there in July for about 4 nights which was the perfect amount of time for Lisbon. The hostel is located on the main street Rua Augusta which makes it central to everything. We just got the Aero Bus & it was easy to find the hostel. The rooms are nice & comfortable (we stayed in a private room) it felt like we were staying at someone's house. The room was beautiful & homely. We had a little kitchenette where we could cook dinner & a fridge to store drinks & food. The only downside was that we had to climb 6 flights of stairs to get to our room but it is a good cardio workout!! The best thing about this hostel is the staff. They are always willing to sit with you & give you ideas of things to do, cook you eggs on toast or lend you towels for the beach. We desperately needed to do washing one day as we had run out of clean clothes. All we had to do was drop the clothes at the reception & they were more than happy to wash, iron, fold & leave them on the bed for us to collect at the end of the day. I have to thank Gee who really went over & above to help us. Definitely do the Sintra tour & Fado show - so much fun!!! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lauren P
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is an awesome Hostel. The staff is the best. They help you and tell you what you can do in the city, and how. They are always very welcoming and approachable and go above their way for you. The Hostel is clean and safe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

this hostel is a friendly and cosy place to stay. the dorm-rooms and the common areas are clean and nicley furnished. everything is really as nice as it look at the website!
and especially the staff ist very, very friendly and helpfull!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I don't know where to start, I LOVE THIS HOSTEL! It's truly amazing.

First off, the location is perfect. Right in the city center on Rua Augusta, a very famous pedestrian street filled with shops, restaurants, and all the other good stuff. Most main attractions are walking distance, and the trams are all around.

It's also really nicely decorated, there's a lounge with a couch and bean bag chairs, a bookshelf with lots of travel guides, and music. They have a room with 3 computers, and free wifi throughout the hostel. There's a tv room and they have a selection of dvds. Then there's this sort of eating area room with tables and couches where you can hang out. In the morning, each table there is set up with jams and utensils for breakfast. There are two women cooking eggs for you in the kitchen (awesome), toast, jam, cereals, and they have free tea & coffee all day. There's also a fridge where you can store your food.

Next, the staff are so amazing, nice, and helpful! If you don't know what you're doing for the day, just ask them for suggestions and they will gladly sit with you and draw out an entire map. Loved them! Every night the hostel has activities which are usually around 6 euro and include drinks. They have cookouts in the lounge, take you out on pub crawls, to hear fado music, etc. It's a great way to meet other people in the hostel, and good if you're alone. They really make it easy for you to have a fun night. They also do tours during the day, one to Sintra (which is worth seeing) and some other towns outside of Lisbon.

This place is also super clean! My room for four was spotless, spacious, and had a balcony overlooking Rua Augusta where you could hear all the music and liveliness coming from the street (which is a good thing in my opinion). There is a pretty big locker under the bed which has a safe and enough room for probably a medium size suitcase, maybe bigger. The bathrooms are also super clean, there's one for girls and one for guys for each floor. About two showers per bathroom which was never a problem.

Overall this is the best hostel I've ever seen and I really loved my stay there. I obviously reccomend it to anyone staying in Lisbon (which is an amazing city btw). Do yourself a favor, and book your room here asap :)

1 Thank WhatsUpBuddy
Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place is nice. I never ended up actually staying there because I went out of town and got stuck out of town before I could actually check in. However, they help my luggage for me which was entirely safe. I did still have to pay for my night’s stay because it was too late to cancel my reservation, but the safe luggage storage and elaborate directions to the town of Sintra and map printed and suggestions offered by staff was very helpful. One nice thing here is that you don’t have to do your own dishes, they have free WIFI, free ipads for use if needed, you can rent Segways for 1 hour for only $5, and they are located right on the main strip downtown where right out the door you’ll find cafes and street performers. Only downfall is that while cozy, it is kinda small. During the afternoon when everyone has woken up and sitting in the main lounging areas, it felt a bit claustrophobic to me. Nice place overall though. Very helpful English speaking staff.

1 Thank tsjitter
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

it is centrally located. Sea and other tourist attractions are just walking distance away.Very friendly staff. The living room is the most buzzing place. Free wifi in ur rooms, they have iPads, mac for your use for free. They organised daily tours to Sinatra and nightly tours around Lisbon. Mr Gee knows the area in and out. He gives u excellent suggestions for restaurants and places to visit. The pub crawl and peri peri chicken nights were awesome. Beds are comfortable and bathrooms are clean and seldom busy.

1 Thank Rupesh D