“Highly recommended”

Ranked #151 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

The staff - from the front desk, the waiting staff, and bartenders to the Duty Manager - were all as friendly and helpful as they could possibly be.
The breakfast was very good and the bar food in the evening was of a very high standard (better than some of the restaurants we went to!).
The room was quiet and spotless.
The hotel was located in a pleasant area of Lisbon, 400m from the Alameda Metro station (an excellent Metro system!) and main bus route. Perfect for sight-seeing.
All in all, an excellent small four-star hotel. We would go again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dijon_s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Coalville, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were two couples and booked two rooms for a Saturday night. For a 4* hotel this was a bargain. We needed a hotel with parking and this cost just 10 euros per night stay. We arrived around 11am and were able to check-in early and were able to leave the car in the car park until the evening of the following day at no extra cost.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, giving us advice on places to eat and how to buy metro day passes (only 5 euros for 24 hrs). There were two metro stations within 5mins walk and I would recommend returning to the Saldanha station otherwise you have to walk up a steep hill from the Alameda station to reach the hotel.

Overall a comfortable, clean and affordable hotel. Would definitely recommend and stay again next time I visit Lisbon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nbadunk
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have just stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and loved every minute of it, the staff were fantastic and knowledgable in everything from transport to get around the city and all the sights. We had a room on level 7 and it was worth every penny, the views over Lisbon and down to the River .

Room Tip: chooe a room on the top floor as you get fantastic views over Lisbon and beyond
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank watts100
Co Cork Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Review on my whole weekend in Lisbon:
- Airport is close to city.
- Get a ‘Lisboa Discount Card’ at their desk at the airport – you pay a few euro for it but it gives discounts at restaurants, museums, tours, shopping centres & possibly the metro aswell .
- We stayed at ‘Turim Almeda Hotel’ - €10 in taxi from airport.
- TURIM ALMAMEDA HOTEL was lovely; Ask for a room up high with a balcony. rooms tad small but very nice & extremely clean; breakfast was good for a continental one; the bar was extremely quiet at night but fine; reception staff exceptionally helpful.
- Journey via metro from Turim Almeda Hotel to city (Rossio) – 5 min walk to metro station (if you don’t have a Lisboa Card, get a 24hr metro ticket - €5 for full use of each line for 24hrs &tramline); 5 min on metro to Rossio.
- Beware of pickpockets! No bad experience thankfully but alot of signs around saying so!
- we wanted to go on a SIDECAR TOUR of the city but it was booked out so if you’d like this, book once you get there/online.
- Hop On Hop Off bustour €15 each but €11 with lisboa card – good enough tour, nothing overly exciting but a handy way to see the area.
- Get metro to Oriente (10min on metro outside of city) – it has a big shopping centre; casino; restaurants by the water etc etc. ‘Republica de Ceirefa’ is a real nice restaurant there, and ‘Ceirefaria’ is meant to be nice too.
· ‘Eleven’ restaurant is meant to be fab (S.Sebastiao area)
· We went to ‘Casa de Linhares’ restaurant – fabulous! It’s in cellar type venue, great Portuguese singers between courses – costly but worth it.
· We also went to ‘Ramiro’ seafood restaurant – but only go if you like seafood, & if you do, its well worth it, but book in advance (queues out the door!!)
· Friday morning to Monday night seems plenty time to visit Lisbon I think.
· Lots of shops and restaurants/cafes in airport after you go through security!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MichelleMarch82
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is an excellent 4 star hotel. Got an ellegantly styled room on the 7th. floor overlooking the city of Lisbon, with partial view of the sea on the horizon. Shinning clean and generous room space and bathroom, amazingly comfortable queen size bed, very good breakfast with a large variety of foods, hot and cold. We got an excellent service and help from the man in the front desk who gave us important tips on how to use the 24 hours metro ticket which we also used for our trip to the airport (airport station opened only last week).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nelson, Lancs
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stopped here for a week due to been on a training course in the city so I did not book this hotel myself. When I first got there my Air conditioning was working. I went to reception and they told me it would be fixed the following morning when I returned from my day of training it had not been. I repeated this action for 5 days running. Coming from the north of England I am not used to heat so when I am in a room at around 30degrees, it is a problem! On my last night the air conditioning was finally fixed and it was a proper room temperature.
Secondly the hotel advertises WIFI. The signal wasnt very strong, so from my room I could not recieve a signal. That also left me very frustrated.
Thirdly....The plugs in the bathroom do not keep water, which makes it very difficult to shave and nearly impossible to take a bath!
and finally on my check out I was not even asked how my stay was! So I have had to come on here to tell the hotel and the rest of the world how disatisfied I was!
I you are not bothered about any of the above, the bed was quite comfy

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dazwilkinson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful staff. Helpful. They took the time to greet you and inform you of the sights to see around Lisbon without asking. Emails were promptly returned and their info on the cost of taxi saved me a heft fare! Would return.

• Stayed June 2012