“Excellent”

Turim Alameda Hotel
Ranked #165 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have just stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and loved every minute of it, the staff were fantastic and knowledgable in everything from transport to get around the city and all the sights. We had a room on level 7 and it was worth every penny, the views over Lisbon and down to the River .

Room Tip: chooe a room on the top floor as you get fantastic views over Lisbon and beyond
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank watts100

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Review on my whole weekend in Lisbon:
- Airport is close to city.
- Get a ‘Lisboa Discount Card’ at their desk at the airport – you pay a few euro for it but it gives discounts at restaurants, museums, tours, shopping centres & possibly the metro aswell .
- We stayed at ‘Turim Almeda Hotel’ - €10 in taxi from airport.
- TURIM ALMAMEDA HOTEL was lovely; Ask for a room up high with a balcony. rooms tad small but very nice & extremely clean; breakfast was good for a continental one; the bar was extremely quiet at night but fine; reception staff exceptionally helpful.
- Journey via metro from Turim Almeda Hotel to city (Rossio) – 5 min walk to metro station (if you don’t have a Lisboa Card, get a 24hr metro ticket - €5 for full use of each line for 24hrs &tramline); 5 min on metro to Rossio.
- Beware of pickpockets! No bad experience thankfully but alot of signs around saying so!
- we wanted to go on a SIDECAR TOUR of the city but it was booked out so if you’d like this, book once you get there/online.
- Hop On Hop Off bustour €15 each but €11 with lisboa card – good enough tour, nothing overly exciting but a handy way to see the area.
- Get metro to Oriente (10min on metro outside of city) – it has a big shopping centre; casino; restaurants by the water etc etc. ‘Republica de Ceirefa’ is a real nice restaurant there, and ‘Ceirefaria’ is meant to be nice too.
· ‘Eleven’ restaurant is meant to be fab (S.Sebastiao area)
· We went to ‘Casa de Linhares’ restaurant – fabulous! It’s in cellar type venue, great Portuguese singers between courses – costly but worth it.
· We also went to ‘Ramiro’ seafood restaurant – but only go if you like seafood, & if you do, its well worth it, but book in advance (queues out the door!!)
· Friday morning to Monday night seems plenty time to visit Lisbon I think.
· Lots of shops and restaurants/cafes in airport after you go through security!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MichelleMarch82
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is an excellent 4 star hotel. Got an ellegantly styled room on the 7th. floor overlooking the city of Lisbon, with partial view of the sea on the horizon. Shinning clean and generous room space and bathroom, amazingly comfortable queen size bed, very good breakfast with a large variety of foods, hot and cold. We got an excellent service and help from the man in the front desk who gave us important tips on how to use the 24 hours metro ticket which we also used for our trip to the airport (airport station opened only last week).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stopped here for a week due to been on a training course in the city so I did not book this hotel myself. When I first got there my Air conditioning was working. I went to reception and they told me it would be fixed the following morning when I returned from my day of training it had not been. I repeated this action for 5 days running. Coming from the north of England I am not used to heat so when I am in a room at around 30degrees, it is a problem! On my last night the air conditioning was finally fixed and it was a proper room temperature.
Secondly the hotel advertises WIFI. The signal wasnt very strong, so from my room I could not recieve a signal. That also left me very frustrated.
Thirdly....The plugs in the bathroom do not keep water, which makes it very difficult to shave and nearly impossible to take a bath!
and finally on my check out I was not even asked how my stay was! So I have had to come on here to tell the hotel and the rest of the world how disatisfied I was!
I you are not bothered about any of the above, the bed was quite comfy

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dazwilkinson
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful staff. Helpful. They took the time to greet you and inform you of the sights to see around Lisbon without asking. Emails were promptly returned and their info on the cost of taxi saved me a heft fare! Would return.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. We stayed for two nights during Easter break in 2012 and were really impressed with the hospitality of the hotel staff.
The hotel is a little far away from the tourist attractions. However, it is not difficult to reach there as there are two metro stops close by.
I arrived with my wife and six month old daughter a couple of hours early but the hotel staff was kind enough to immediately give me a room.
The breakfast was a decent fare. However, for dinner, we tried the Indian restaurant on Avenue Rovisco Pais itself, and the food was awesome.
Overall an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view towards the back side. An awesome view of the city you would get if yo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rohitprax
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with my husband for a week we spent in Lisbon on June and we were really happy about everything. The rooms were nice and clean with comfortable beds and the staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the side of the yard and it was very quiet and peaceful. I don't know how are the rooms on the street side. After spending another week in the south at Alvor we booked one more night here just to get some nice rest before going home :)
We found the location of the hotel just perfect. It was close enough to the airport but also close to the metro so it was very easy to get to the center. I guess the only thing that I missed a bit were some vegetables at the breakfast. There were a lot of choises on sweet baked things and fruits but no cucumber or tomatoes etc...but that's just to say something ;)
I also want to thank you all for the reviews, they helped a lot in choosing this hotel an having a really nice vacation!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple