TripAdvisor

Quality + convenience

Reviewed May 7, 2019
melgo1
Boston, Massachusetts

Recommended experiences in and around Lisbon
from $113.52
from $17.37
from $62.67
from $5.68
More Info
All reviews pedicure lashes sandra therapist europe neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited Dez Studio on 9 Sep ahead of my wedding three days later. A gel pedicure for me was fine, as were a gel manicure and regular pedicure for my mother.

Unfortunately, the most important treatment, my (gel) manicure, was awful. I opted for a classic French mani, and the white tips had chipped on four nails within 48 hours days. Needless to say, it wasn't an ideal situation just before my wedding.

Despite sending photographs of all affected nails, the salon suggested I had 'bumped' one nail, and simply ignored my second e-mail request for a refund on the one treatment that was clearly terrible quality.

It's a shame as the service in store was nice, and my gel mani disaster might have been an anomaly - but based on the lack of care post-treatment I would never, ever visit this salon again.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

I booked on their web page and it was easy. I got color, cut and blow-dry done and I am really satisfied. I was attended by Joana and she did a great job, the color is just amazing and it's exactly what I wanted! For sure I will go back!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 17, 2019

Unfortunately my experience was really really bad. I had high expectations because the place looked good and the prices were higher than other places.
I searched for their contact and on their website I had to select which store I wanted to know the contacts. I selected Principe Real store since I live 2 minutes from that place. As you can see in the photo enclosed I have store name and phone numbers. So I called them and booked a pedicure for 12h30.
I arrived on time and a nice lady welcome me and asked for my name. I introduced myself and she said “sorry, but you are booked for the other store”. Honestly I looked really surprised and immediately a man that is a manager or the owner asked for my phone number to double-checked and said “yes, your booking is in the other store. The person that answer your call confirmed the place?” I said “no, she did not confirm any store name or asked me anything thing. Since I selected this store and the contacts appear...” and he interrupted me saying “so, if she did not confirmed anything to you we do not be responsible for this mistake and...” this time I had interrupted him because he almost said it was my fault. I continued to insist and act rude so I laughed and said “ thank you very much and have a great day “.
I am really surprise for him assuming that was my problem or mistake when I called to the contact associated to that particular store.
If they have the same phone number for every store is THEIR responsibly to ask the clients which store they want to book.
The way he handled everything is not ok. This is not the way you treat or speak with your clients especially I did nothing wrong.
For this reason, I do not recommend this place to no one. And I would like to say to that man that he needs to be more polite. I will never ever return to this place and I am going to share my feedback everywhere.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

If you've been to Lisbon you know there's a salon on every corner. I would gladly go out of my way to visit Dez Studio on a regular basis because of how impressed I am with their service.

First, the expertise and quality is fantastic. I've gone to Joana for waxing, haircuts, and a keratin smoothing treatment and she makes me feel comfortable every time and beautiful when I walk out of the salon. She has almost two decades experience as a hair stylist and it's obvious. My hair can be difficult to tame, and even before the smoothing treatment she made my hair look better and feel softer than ever. And now after the treatment my hair is so easy to manage that it's almost unbelievable. I've also visited them for gel manicures and pedicures, and the results last longer than when I've gone to other salons.

Second, the convenience they offer is very difficult to come by in Lisbon. They take different credit/debit cards types, when many other salons accept cash or Multibanco cards only. They are also one of the rare salons to offer online booking on their website as well as their Instagram page (seriously, why don't more salons do this?). Speaking of which, I recommend following them on Instagram to see their work and get a sense of the fun, inviting atmosphere. The CEO, Sandra, has the best sense of humor, and everyone is very welcoming. They all speak English which is helpful for English-speaking tourists or expats. They're also pet-friendly, and I've met some good doggos while getting my hair and nails done. I've never been a person who goes to the salon frequently, but now I'm happy to have my go-to ladies at Dez.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

I asked very spontaneous for an appointment via WhatsApp and everything worked out totally fine! The employees are very friendly and ask you what you like. Which kind of shape, design, color and so on. While doing the nails she also double checked if I like it and if everything is fine. She compared both hands with each other to make sure it looks good!
Great service, great nails!

Date of experience: April 2019