“Perfect homely place to stay and explore Lisbon”
Review of micasaenlisboa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lisbon
micasaenlisboa
Ranked #90 of 238 Lisbon B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect homely place to stay and explore Lisbon”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A wonderful homemade breakfast sitting out with a stunning view of the castle and wonderful blue skies. We ended our evenings with a drink at the lookout point just around the corner from Maria's and it was just perfect. Extremely comfortable room and very helpful map and tips for Lisbon. I can't recommend it enough. And Lola is a lovely dog!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HeatherPea
mariamicasa, Owner at micasaenlisboa, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear HeatherPea, thank you very much for your review.
I'm glad to read you keep such nice memories of your stay with us.
Hope to see you back to yourhomeinlisbon soon.
Warm regards
Lola&Maria!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Saltash, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We drove to Lisbon from Porto (in our own car) for a two night stay and arrived at micasa with adrenaline flowing after meeting a tram coming at us on our side of the road. First impressions of this run down area are negative but do not let this put you off (the rest of Lisbon is dirty too). Micasa is an oasis of calm in this very vibrant multicultural city. The owner is a lovely knowledgable lady who arranged for our car to be safely garaged. The rooms are very clean and airy with superb views over the city. Breakfast outside with wild green parakeets flying overhead was a joy. It would be suitable for a longer stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OldMartin
Dear OldMartin...
I can perfectly imagine your experience with the tram coming at you!! That's a real Lisbon experience not everyone can enjoy!!!
I'm happy myhomeinlisbon was the oasis you needed after this amazing experience.
Thank you very much for your review. Hope to see you again at yourhomeinlisbon in the future.
Best!
Maria
Narrogin
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Once the taxi driver succeeded in finding the right end of the street, our time here was made easy by host, Maria, and canine helper, Lola. Our room looked over the green valley and convent wall. Breakfast on a terrace, lots of useful tips and maps, interesting conversations, real home environment. Be aware that streets are steep! Very peaceful place to recover from hours of exploring.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear webwoylie,
Thank you very much for your review. My canine helper smiled when I read her your words... I'm afraid she's still waiting for you to come back home!
I'm glad you enjoy your stay with us, and our ideas were useful for your trip.
Hope to see you again at yourhomeinlisbon!!
Warm regards from Lisbon!!
Lola&Maria
bratislava
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I spent 4 nights in this place and I really loved it. Maria-host, owner is very sweet, gives you tips about good places. Mi casa is located near Graca, which is up in the hill so it can get little tricky about walking, but there are trams and buses going. Rooms are beautifully decorared, each is different, there are books and magazine to read. Place is quiet, there is a garden where breakfast is served and it s awesome! actually I was looking forward to every morning just to enjoy the view and breakfast. I really recommend this place and hope to get back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hello Dariach!
Thank you very much for your noce words. We also hope you can come back and enjoy more breakfasts with us at the garden, and discover the little changes we made on your room decor... just a small new table to seat comfortably to write your thoughts.
Warm regards from Lisbon!
Ventura, California
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed for four nights (should have been five but our flight was changed due to the air controller strike in Lisbon) in the room on the right. We arrived at 8 AM and Maria opened the door before we were out of the cab. We were greeted warmly, like family, and served a lovely breakfast on the patio, which was a wonderful first impression. And it only got better from there.

Our room overlooked the city, a large garden area, the castle and the church, whose bells woke us in the morning, first at eight, then again at nine, which meant it was time to mosey on down to another great breakfast. Our stay was so very special, due to the many perks of staying in a real neighborhood rather than a tourist stop area. The first morning Maria told us about the local flea market a short walk away where we found some lovely tiles (i'm still hoping they were not ripped off houses in the middle of the night :)

The bed was super comfy and we left the windows open all night. Birds chattered in the morning, reminding us of home in California. The house is in Graca, full of old world charm, and graffiti, of course, which we loved as it only added to the atmosphere. We always felt safe, even walking home late at night. The tram will take you everywhere, and is fun for sightseeing as well as beating the hills. One night we went to a fado bar that Maria told us about and when the owners found out we were from California, we were kissed on both cheeks and treated as honored guests. We also ate dinner at two local places, Satellite and O Piteu and both were delicious!

We walked to the castle, toured around Alfama, went to the tile museum, rode bikes to Belem, went on a sunset sailboat cruise, took the train to Cascais, and just had fun. Lisbon is a very pretty city, full of charm and spectacular views. From the house you can walk to several view points, one that serves wine (I added a photo of it, since there were already some of the house and rooms). But back to Maria; she is a great host and the breakfasts she served were the best we had during our two week visit to Portugal. We loved everything about our stay here and hope to return one day soon.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tripmama18
Dear Tripmama18
It's been a long time since you stayed with us, and a long time since you sent your review, adn I didn't have quiet time to sit down and send you a big big THANK YOU for your review. As far as I can read you really enjoyed your stay with us, and it makes me feel really happy as this is my focus and the main reason of this house: helping everyone to enjoy their trip and to discover the Lisbon I love more.
I also hope you'll return one day and spend some more time with us and enjoy a glass of wine while the sun goes down over the city.
Warm regards from Lisbon!
Maria
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed May 5, 2012

If you go to Lisbon… stay at home.

We don’t live in hotels. That’s why micasaenlisboa isn’t one.

We miss home when we travel even though at times we stay at hotels where occasionally we get the chance to pamper ourselves in a room which doubles in size our own, to enjoy breathtaking views or to use a luxury marble bathroom we don’t have at home. There are wonderful hotels which display impressive architecture and provide all types of facilities for us to use, conceived to make the most of our trip. But hotels aren’t home. My house in Lisbon is.

There are many things which make a place home and micasaenlisboa has most of them. For a start it has Lola and Maria. Because a house is not home if it lacks a living soul. And when you spend some time at micasaenlisboa you begin to wonder if the living soul belongs to just Lola or Maria or to each of every person who has stopped by, and stayed, and climbed upstairs the creaking floors and lived there. Maybe it belongs to all of them, to all of us, who leave a part of ourselves behind and take back with us an experience in Lisbon in which it is hard not to include this home.

So ¿Is there anything better than feeling at home when you are away? There is! And that is getting spoilt all the time with little treats which make a difference: you just don’t have breakfast, you have a breakfast experience, full of caring thoughtfulness displayed before you with little details of invisible happiness in the shape of a natural squeezed orange juice, delicious yoghurt with fresh fruit on top, carefully selected goodies which vary everyday, and homemade cakes and jams to spread on warm toasted bread of the day.

You get a secret garden where you’ll find your dose of peace and quiet and enjoy one of the views of Lisbon that will probably become one of your memories of the city, as if you had your own miradouro for your private use.
You get the sound of bells as an alarm clock and birds greeting you every morning.
You get a lemon tree, and many other objects and wonders you’ll find inside, each and everyone of them hiding a story of their own.
You get fresh flowers in the living room, and in your room or bathroom, and books, and soap and lotion you have the feeling it’s been personally picked up for you.
You’ll sleep on wonderful soft white sheets, and you’ll wrap yourself around a welcoming towel after your shower.
You’ll get a fairy who will clean your room everyday so that you can find it as comfortable and neat as the first day, after a day of going up and down the streets of Lisbon.

And then you’ll get Maria pulling out more tricks from her magician’s hat; sharing her dog Lola, secrets, stories and anecdotes, suggesting ideas, organising unexpected plans or trips, showing you gardens or streets, offering maps or umbrellas you can borrow, you name it, she is determined to make your stay a memorable one, to make you happy, to spoil you. Whenever she is not around she is backed up by a wonderful and friendly team of assistants whose purpose is not letting you forget you have… a house in Lisbon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ag0ta
Dear Ag0ta,
I'd love to know your real identity just to be able to visualize your face while reading your beautiful words. It's not easy to me to express what I felt when I read it for the first time. And I didn't find the time I needed to answer you till today.
Nobody described better before what this house is about. The idea about the souls of every person's staying here, and what you all leave within this walls is just perfect. I could not have expressed it better. Maybe I never realize it, but since you send your review, I even enjoy more and more each guest stay, so I'm really thank to all of you sharing part of your life with us for a couple of days and leaving memories of your stays so they can be enjoyed bu other travelers.
Home is where our heart is,... so I'm glad to read this really is yourhomeinlisbon.
And I'm specially thank to you for sharing this thought with the world.
Thank you!
Beijos & abraços from Lola&me
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent three nights at Maria's place and enjoyed every minute of our stay. Maria is most friendly and helpful, the room was comfortable, the garden has the best views of the town, breakfast was great especially when it was warm enough to have it outside in the garden. Maria also helped us to book a great place to stay in Porto.
Maria created a wonderful home in Lisobon.

Stayed April 2012