“An absolute delight!!”

Ranked #55 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersSilver level
“An absolute delight!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Just got back from Vincci after a 4 day break. I haven't actually got home to the UK yet but wanted to let you all know that this is a most amazing hotel and consists of everything you need for a city break!

It is clean, modern, friendly and most of all it is located in the most fantastic position in Baxia. I am not too sure about cost as didn't pay for trip but I would hugely recommend a visit here,

ENJOY!

• Stayed August 2010
VincciHotels, Community Manager at Vincci Baixa, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
To our esteemed guest:

We appreciate your comments. We will pass along your praise to the hotel’s entire staff. That you had a good experience at our hotel is our greatest pleasure, and it’s the reason why we work so hard every day.

Thank you very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I expected more luxury items from a "4 stars" hotel by the way the staff was kind and helpful.
Our room was very little and basic but comfortable. Air conditioned in the room was very very useful: on August Lisbon is very very hot!
In the room we had a tv and the possibility to adjust different levels of light (mode: on, relax, reading etc..).
Bath was clean but little shampoo, and bath foam was too basic and at "2 stars hotel" level. Instead the dryer was good. You can close completely bath door (...is a mirror design door, without key...so privacy is not full)
Breakfast was good and various (juice, sweets, ham, tea, coffee, fruit...)
Best thing I remember: the position was very very good, you are very close to city centre: Praça do Comércio and to the turistic way Rua Augusta.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheCiuffettas
Moscow
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Very cute hotel in a perfect location. Just a few steps from the Tejo embankment. Nice and helpful staff. I had a standart room which was very spacious with big bathroom. Fantastic breakfast. Overall hightly recommended!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
SimonVazquez, General Manager at Vincci Baixa, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for your rapport.
We hope you enjoy your holidays in the the hottest August I can remember.
All the best,
Simón Vázquez
Dublin
Reviewed July 20, 2010

The positives first - Vincci Baixa is new, modern and spotlessly clean. The public areas are nicely appointed and the decor in the rooms and bathrooms is simple and tasteful. NIce toiletries, very comfy beds and good shower etc. Every member of staff we encountered was professional and friendly.
However, we had two issues. The first was the size of the room - ordinarily I wouldn't notice things like this but it was exceptionally and claustrophobically small. Had the two of us been staying for longer than one night it would have been mayhem.
More importantly, the noise levels; I could hear everything from the neighbouring rooms through the walls, and also all of the noise from the hallway. This meant that when our neighbours had TV on, I could hear it; when they came in at 5AM I could hear it; when they used the toilet I could hear it. As our room was close to the elevator, I could also hear everyone else on the floor arriving and leaving during the night.
The noise issue was bad enough to convince me that although I really liked most of the hotel's features, thought it was a good location etc, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We read the reviews for Vincci Baixa on Tripadvisor.com. before booking and found the hotel definitely lived up to its positive reviews. The Hotel is situated in a convenient location, with plenty of restaurants and trams practically on your doorstep. The staff were helpful and polite. They didn't hesitate to lend us a guidebook after we lost ours! The rooms were new and very tastefully decorated. Most importantly though, the bathroom was nice and clean, the beds were comfortable and there was plenty of space to put our suitcases. Some of the reviews I read stated that the rooms were quite small. I didn't feel this was the case. My friend and I are of average size and both fit happily into our rooms with our suitcases.

I'd highly recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a modern, clean and enjoyable place to stay!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank travellingdonut
SimonVazquez, General Manager at Vincci Baixa, responded to this review, July 19, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for your time writting about your stay at VINCCI BAIXA.
It would be a pleasure to see you again in your next trip to Lisbon.
Best Regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I liked this hotel! I'd recommend this place and wouldn't have problems staying there again.

It was in a great location, easy access to the metro, easy walk to Bairro Alto (where we found ourselves hanging out every night - FYI mid-20s here) and places to eat nearby. The room is a bit small, or rather narrow, but we didn't feel cramped; bathroom was a good size. A/C works, the place was clean, the neighborhood felt safe, friendly staff that helped direct us around town. I read some reviews complaining about thin walls; I didn't have any problems with that (I'm usually a light sleeper, so I would have noticed).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
UK
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Just got back from my trip to Lisbon.

The hotel is in a great area, it's very clean and staff are fantastic BUT I really CAN'T recommend it to anyone for one simple reason - NOISE!!! The hotel has the sound proofing of a Metalica concert!!!

If you decide to stay and get a room which has a connecting door to the next room you can forget about getting any sleep - I could even hear my neighbours go to the bathroom!!! So at 12.30am we moved to another room which had no interlocking door and was much better BUT it is still not acceptable in terms of sound proofing - you can still hear noise from other rooms although not as bad.

So whilst it is a good hotel I really can't advise staying because it's pot luck if you will get any sleep!!!

It is also worth pointing out that you do not get access to an iron - apparently Lison law states hotel guests can't have one. Another two hotels confirmed this. So that left me with having to pay 7.50euros for a short sleeve shirt to be done!!!!!!!!!!! Personaly I think it's just the hotels making this rule to get extra funding out of you. It's pretty disgraceful for guests in a 4 star hotel to not be able to iron themselves!!!

Add the above with the fact I found many areas of Lisbon to be smelly, dirty, covered in graffiti, too many dilapidated buildings, a huge homeless population, getting offered drugs on many street corners all just soured my whole trip. A highlight was some graffiti which said 'we deserve better than this' - I couldn't help but think so do I!!!

I honestly wouldn't go back to Lisbon although if you choose to go yourself then I would only consider this hotel if you are willing to take a gamble on the noise factor!

Sorry if my review comes across as one big moan but I really expected more from Lisbon and the place just felt so unloved!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TRAVELBENUK
SimonVazquez, General Manager at Vincci Baixa, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thanks for all your commets about yous lastvisto to Lisbon.

Lisbon has just been voted “Best Destination 2010 – European Consumers Choice”, based on the voting results from a list of ten cities proposed by the European Consumers Choice, an independent association headquartered in Brussels.

The criteria considered for this vote – which took place from December 2009 to January 2010 and included, for the first time, cities – took into account Lisbon’s quality of life and infrastructures, as well as its cultural and tourism offerings.

For the European Consumers Choice, the vote reflects “a city that was able to preserve all of its soul and offer a point of entry for Tourism without forgetting its social and cultural riches”.

Best Regards,