“Great food”

Restaurante Sacramento
Reserve with
Restaurante Sacramento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 4,146 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chiado & Carmo
Houston, Texas
“Great food”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had never heard of this restaurant but on a recent trip to Lisbon the concierge at my hotel got me a last minute reservation here when my top three choices for where to dine that night were booked up. The restaurant is right next door to the ruins of the Carmo convent, and like the convent, there are still indications of damage from the Lisbon Earthquake of 1755 in this building. Although for the most part the building appears to have been built after the quake, there are bits and pieces of wall that appear to be quite old, as if this building were built on the shell of the old structure that sat here before 1755. The restaurant was quite busy that night, but despite that, service was top quality and never faltered. The wine list was very well done, with a good variety of very good Portuguese wines. I am most familiar with Portuguese reds, but decided a white was more appropriate with my meal and my server was able to recommend a very good bottle of chardonney called Tapada de Coelheiros. For appetizer I had a cod carpaccio drizzled in olive oil. It was spectacular - the fish was sliced paper thin. Very well presented. For the main course I had an octopus. It was even better than the appetizer. It was a small octopus, served whole, to be eaten with a fork and with a steak knife. The flesh was amazingly tender, and well seasoned. I don't recall my desert but it was delicious, I am sure. Overall I definitely recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
“Excellent restaurant! Great food, great wines/ports!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went to Lisbon for the first time with my wife and the hotel reception recommended this restaurant. We are very glad they did! When we arrived we decided to have a drink at the very well stocked bar and lounge on the nice comfy sofas a while until we were ready for dinner. Then we were showed to our table in the tastfully and elegantly decorated restaurant. The food was just fantastic. Every course was generous, presented beautifully and very very delicious! The waiter recommended a wine which beautifully married with our food choices. The starters were delicious and I could have eaten it all night! The main course was lovely too and the deserts were hand made pieces of heaven! Just wow! Amazing food, reasonably priced, beautiful restaurant and great service. Very highly recommend this place as a must go to restaurant while in Lisbon.

• Visited February 2013
Pavia
“stylish place in the heart of Chiado”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a fashionable restaurant of Portuguese cuisine with a more international touch. We had a dish of monkfish and prawns wrapped in crisp bacon, salmon with scallop sauce and coconut and walnut cake. We tried similar flavours in some English restaurants, but here everything was very fresh and cooked to perfection, especially the salmon.
The restaurant is located in an old palace with vaulted ceiling, the new and the old are perfectly mixed. The result is really beautiful: stylish, pleasant and warm.
The staff are young and friendly, speak excellent English and are very helpful.
We spent 55 euros with two glasses of wine.

• Visited February 2013
“Great fish and great service”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and i arrived early in the evening and started by have a couple of very lovely drinks in the bar. At dinner we were seated at a table close to the door, but when we complained about it been a bit too cold we were moved to a different table. We had some bread and some lovely starters (fried forrest mushrooms - very flavorful - and delisious clams) and both salmon as a main. All the dishes were fresh, great tasting and well seasoned. We had a bottle of white wine skillfully recommended by the waiter with the meal. The chocolate covered strawberries were amazing, but the creme brulée was more of a panna cotta i you ask me. However all in all a great evening and very recommendable.

1 Thank LoLun
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Restaurant with equally fantastic staff, and definitely worthy of a visit.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Sacramento is a little gem. In fact there's more to it than meets the eye. When we arrived we had not made a reservation, but the manager soon found us a table. It was quiet when we went in but soon filled up. The ambience, decor, staff, food and wine were all exceptional and very reasonably priced too. We ended up staying longer than intended and were in fact the "last to leave". I am looking forward to another visit.