“value for money”
Review of HF Fenix Garden

HF Fenix Garden
Ranked #61 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed January 23, 2014

great room, view from the very large window fab. breakfast perfect. location perfect, close to airport buss stop and bus stop for many places to go. staff extremely friendly, helpful, polyte. would go back definite. recomend it to all.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisa t

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed here with friends for weekend break in October. Very good value hotel in a great location. Excellent breakfast with varied selection. Metro station around the corner and Hop-on Hop-off sightseeing buses across other side of roundabout. Bar facilities did not appear to be available but good bar in sister hotel next door.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank kdplusfamily
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here overnight in mid-November...it was important to me that the hotel should easy to access from the airport, should be centrally located and should be comfortable. It is all of these, and we found staff extremely helpful....reception staff directed us to restaurants and provided us with maps of the city, staff in the breakfast room were very good at the 'meeting and greeting' and very friendly. Breakfast was good, loads of fresh fruit and hot food, constantly replenished, definitely a cut above most continental buffet breakfasts. Bedrooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable, shower was great, WiFi signal was strong. Would strongly recommend this Hotel for base for Lisbon visits.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the garden....quiet and pretty view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank jeanc13
Reviewed November 23, 2013

So there are two HF Hotels right around the corner from each other, a little confusing if you just got off the metro but they are easy to find. Checking in was unremarkable, neither slow nor fast, and totally lacked the extra touch some hotels will give you when they show you a map of their city and some local attractions. I'd modified my reservation, but I had to bring it to the hotel's attention that I added an extra night to my stay. They ended up having to book me into two different rooms but that was no problem at all, as they transferred my bags for me while I was out (and informed me they'd be doing so).
However, there were a few let-downs in my experience. I was given rooms (801 and then 702) next to the elevator. That thing makes incredibly loud noises every single time the door opens, and closes, regardless of what floor it was on, and the noises were loud enough to keep me up at night and wake me in the morning. So, I'd asked for a room further away when they moved me but they could not, or would not, accommodate me. The last night I had to sleep with the TV on.
The room was perfectly clean, has a TV and they have free Wifi (signal was so-so on my floors) but there is nothing else of note in the room. I suppose I've been spoiled by lesser establishments having amenities such as clocks, coffee/tea makers, and even refrigerators or microwaves but there were none of these things in my rooms. The place reminded me of an Ibis, which was only lame because they seem to bill themselves as a funky or trendy place to stay. The hotel is very close to the metro but not very close to the central attractions of Lisbon (except one art museum) and there seemed to be nothing nearby open very late aside from a very small number of uninteresting restaurant/bars.
I would very likely choose a different hotel if staying in Lisbon again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator; request a room ending in a number higher than 05.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank primerstar6
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for three nights via venere because of 1) its competitive price and 2) the option of paying the charge at the hotel. I intended to pay in cash but provided a credit card number as guarantee as usually required by such bookings. when I checked in the hotel I was told that my credit card had been charged for one night's fee in case I did not show up. That had got to be one of the worst check-in experiences. I mean, the credit card number was provided as guarantee and I did show up so why on earth did they think they had the right to charge me two days before my check-in date in case of a no-show? The hotel did subsequently void the transaction, but I suffered a loss due to the difference between the buying and selling exchange rates.

Apart from the unhappy start, it was a pleasant stay. The room was clean and adequate, the bed was comfortable, the free wifi was strong, the shower was strong, and the breakfast was very delightful. The hotel is close to a metro station and it is easy getting there from the airport (except that there are stairs to climb at the metro station but it is not the hotel's fault).

So, guests booking this hotel via a booking agent expecting to pay upon arrival should know that the hotel would charge you before your check-in date "for fear of a no-show". Other than this, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank skyskylee
Reviewed November 18, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Adri V
Reviewed November 12, 2013

excellent value.. should be a 4 star... Beautiful rooms with amazing panaromic view of the city.. Friendly reception staff who can recommend eating places. Not to far a walk to the front. But also great bus service directly outside the Hotel.

Room Tip: floor 8, great balcony with great view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple