“Very friendly!”

Lisbon Story Guesthouse
Ranked #34 of 255 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This guest house is just like home! We stayed in the Azulejos room, which was perfectly clean and cosy, with a very nice view over the plaza. The breakfast was very good and diverse. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The perfect place to stay!...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anabela R
There are newer reviews for Lisbon Story Guesthouse

Reviewed March 1, 2013

For 20 euros a night I expected a dingy place with maybe a muffin for breakfast. What I got was a quirky, light little guesthouse in the centre of Lisbon with great breakfast (I definitely lost no weight) with fresh bread, cheeses and meats, as much coffee as an addict like myself could drink - great fuel for sights filled days in Lisbon. The option of making fresh juice from oranges in the kitchen for a vitamin packed start of the day was definitely my friend's favourite.
The staff were friendly and very patient with two ladies who get a bit cold in the evening and found us that extra heater we needed as Mediterranean places do not have heating per se. On our final day nobody rushed us out of the room and we always got useful advice on things to see or anything else.
We stayed in the hostel part with joint bathroom, but it was clean and not crowded at all.
I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and hope to come back soon myself.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Located in the city center, this guest house is just amazing ! The staff is always available to help you to plan your journey. The rooms are perfeclty clean and cosy ! The breakfast is delicious which is not a detail when you spend the day walking in the city : You just feel like home !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Very cosy and stylish hotel with an extremely central location. We especially liked the friendly atmosphere and our beautiful room in the top floor. The breakfast was good and everything was very clean.

Room Tip: Our room ("Azulejos") was in the top floor and had very nice views towards the Rossio squa...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We are an Italian couple and went to Lisbon for a romantic holiday...what better than Lisbon Story?? It's not only the best hostel/b&b in Lisbon, but as well as of other places I've visited! It's organised in an intelligent way: you can choose either a private room (we had the Electrico 28) or the hostel part; there's a common kitchen and the place is very silent.
Breakfast is sooooo goood, especially the chocolate :) Our room was at the last floor, and being no lift, it's a bit of a long way to get there, but the view on Lisbon roofs is amazing! The bathroom is very little but convenient, just mind your head!
There's always someone at night, and the staff is very helpful.
I wish I could go back there, one day. I'll keep a wonderful memory of it.
I suggest it to you all!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice, friendly atmosphere. The owner, Bruno, could not have been more helpful In suggesting places to go and ways to get around. And the night clerk was right there when I locked myself in my room in the middle of the night, Unfortunately, I felt just a little too old for the shared bathroom, etc., and opted to move. I also wasn't crazy about the neighborhood. Maybe also an age thing--I found a slightly more upscale place for the same money, but not as informative.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Whroberts1
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Clean room - we stayed in the ''Luz room'' -, nice breakfast, 24 hour reception, shared bathroom is not a problem, location of the guesthouse is perfect: central in Lisbon and close to the centre ( rossio, bairro alto, alfama )

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple