Overall I would have classed this 5 star hotel as average. The staff however are truly wonderful always ready to be of assistance with a ready smile. I cannot praise them too highly especially the manager in the restaurant at breakfast time, which is the only time the restaurant is busy.
At other times the restaurant appears to be non existent with meals served at a few tables in the bar area, which lacks atmosphere due to the absence during our stay of other guests, who found the local restaurants and bars far more entertaining. Avoid eating at the bar as the costs are relatively expensive and the meals very average such that they do not represent value for money.
Having said that I would not hesitate to stay here again. The rooms are comfortable and kept scrupulously clean. Our room had a room looking over the city to the River Tegus and the Castelo de S George.
The hotel is well located being just a few minutes walk to the railway station and public squares.
The approach from the main thoroughfare is quite steep, not unusual for Lisbon.
Despite the criticisms, we did enjoy staying here and would not hesitate a revisit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is an ideal establishment for business travel and for enjoying tourism with one's partner or family. The hotel provides a business centre, Wi-Fi connections throughout the premises, a gym, sauna, private parking, a restaurant and four completely equipped meeting rooms adaptable for all kinds of corporate events of any size: from 10 persons in the Camoes Lounge to 120 in the Pessoa Lounge. The Das Letras Restaurant, with its decor in contemporary design and its outdoor terrace, serves the finest traditional, Portuguese cuisine and international dishes. Flanked by two large, emblematic Lisbon spaces, the Botanical Gardens and the Avenida da Liberdade, the Eurostars Das Letras enjoys a privileged location in the Portuguese capital, exactly at the point where the business city and the tourist and shopping areas meet. An endless assortment of Lisbon attractions are available within walking distance from the main door of the hotel: Praca Marques de Pombal, Santa Justa, Bairro Alto and its cultural and night-time offers, the Chiado and its book stores, the Castle of Sao Jorge, Alfama, Rossio Square, Praca do Comercio, Praca do Municipio, Rua da Prata, Graca, Lapa and even the streets close to the Benfica area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Eurostars Das Letras Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Das Letras Lisbon
- Eurostars Das Letras Hotel Lisbon