“A Moorish flavour”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2012

An ancient palace where one can find different styles - the stairs that lead from the street end up in a fountain in the middle of a charming Arabic patio. On the second floor, there is a restaurant where you can taste a portuguese meal and enjoy walls' decoration either with paintings or with tiled panels. The ceiling is also beautiful although it requires an urgent reparation.

1  Thank marylight
Write a ReviewReviews (1,768)

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Amazing and magical place, its needs some atention and conservation works, but uau never though i migth see such a beautifull place inside a building, the ball room and the arabe patio are fantastic

2  Thank Daniel_worldwide
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Visited two days running with my wife and daughter. The food and service was excellent and price was amazing. My daughter and myself have a dish of the day on both occasions, we had different and all four meals were lovely, we had cod, chicken,pork ribs and another fish similar to scabbard fish. All served with either chips, rice or mashed potatoes. My wife had parma ham and melon with salad on both days, massive portion.
The place inside is amazing and even if you do not eat just go and visit and have a beer in the small bar at the back. Dining room upstairs with the library and large ballroom, it overlooks the beautiful moorish courtyard. From the street outside you could easily miss this superb place.

2  Thank IAN O
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Situated in a central street of Lisbon, the door keep all the secret inside. It's a great pleasure to walk the door and see the marvellous interior, for eating may be there are many people, so it's usual to wait a little. The food il quite normal as you can find elsewhere in Lisbon, bachalao, cheese or ham as entry, or meat. I recommend a try only for the insights.

1  Thank Edgarmorin
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had read the reviews and sought out this place. Yes the setting was as advertised and yes the service was as bad as people had said it could be (so bad in fact that in waiting nearly 15 mins just to pay I nearly walked off in disgust without paying). What I didn't expect was that the food would be so under-whelming. With such a modest selection you might imagine what they offered would be wonderful. In fairness my soup was very good although my partner's was an acquired taste, however my main course (veal) was possibly the worst meal I have ever had. This was possibly due in part to my suspicion it had been ready for ages before being brought to the table and was stone cold. I know I should have complained but any restaurant ought to bring out food having at least some warmth in it ...unless it is salad. I did say that it was cold but there was no offer of a reduction.

2  Thank LizzieLou1964